Hello gurus,
I am newb for Catalyst so forgive me if I ask stupid questions.
I have Rockway's book. I followed it. All went good so far (ignore
FormBuilder stuff ). Now i want to customize application. Lets say
FormBuilder.render gives me submit button automatically (no idea how). But
what if I want One Registration button and another Cancel Button.
Also Controller file (.PM) file, how can i write my business logic. I know
its perl but as I include Catalyst::Controller::FormBuilder...Anychange
gives me error. Where to find tutorial for extra METHODS. CGI::FormBuilder
has some really nice tutorial online. But how can I do that kind of coding
in Catalyst.

What should I go through now? Template-Toolkit.org and Formbuilder.org ...
Then what extra steps do I need to make Navigating Site with complex
Business logic.

  • Ali M. at May 1, 2008 at 11:39 pm
    Considere reading the mailist thread about the possibilities for a new book
    here is the link http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/catalyst/users/18157

    it will give you a better idea about the state of catalyst
    documentation and how to find answer

    Good luck

    I am newb for Catalyst so forgive me if I ask stupid questions.
    I have Rockway's book. I followed it. All went good so far (ignore
    FormBuilder stuff ). Now i want to customize application. Lets say
    FormBuilder.render gives me submit button automatically (no idea how). But
    what if I want One Registration button and another Cancel Button.
    Also Controller file (.PM) file, how can i write my business logic. I know
    its perl but as I include Catalyst::Controller::FormBuilder...Anychange
    gives me error. Where to find tutorial for extra METHODS. CGI::FormBuilder
    has some really nice tutorial online. But how can I do that kind of coding
    in Catalyst.

    What should I go through now? Template-Toolkit.org and Formbuilder.org ...
    Then what extra steps do I need to make Navigating Site with complex
    Business logic.
  • Alejandro Imass at May 4, 2008 at 4:55 pm
    IMHO we should all be thinking of outputting UIML or XUL from TT and
    push a lot more work to the client, letting your server REST a lot ;-)
[...]

  • Matt S Trout at May 5, 2008 at 12:11 pm