Using C::P::Authentication I'm having a very weird loss of the user
from the session.
It was working earlier.

It still works on a POST'd login form with no redirect, the user->obj
and
user_exists are both fine when the page reloads. With a GET reload or
redirect, however, the user disappears but the session is fine.

I'm using a DBIx::Class::Schema::Loader::make_schema_at() based in-
memory model (with
some real code in classes) right now. I think that's a red herring
though as it was
working before with it and the namespace queries fine in the same code.

What has changed, I think the only thing, is we're doing our test
servers through
proxies. I originally had verify_address:1 set in there but I took it
out. Didn't
help.

Any ideas before I go diving through all the Session code?

Thanks!
-Ashley

Search Discussions

  • Ashley Pond V at Feb 5, 2008 at 4:03 am
    Solved. I have a theory. I think I had a session persisting from
    before I
    turned off verify_address. Maybe? I also went back to short names
    "authentication" and "session" instead of the new namespaced Plugin
    style.

    In any case, it was apparently PEBKAC.

    Thanks for looking.
    -Ashley
[...]

  • Matt S Trout at Feb 5, 2008 at 9:45 am

    Solved. I have a theory. I think I had a session persisting from
    before I
    turned off verify_address. Maybe? I also went back to short names
    "authentication" and "session" instead of the new namespaced Plugin
    style.
    Don't do that.

    The old-style will stoip being supported sooner or later.

    Technical Director http://www.shadowcat.co.uk/catalyst/
    http://chainsawblues.vox.com/ http://www.shadowcat.co.uk/servers/

groupcatalyst @
categoriescatalyst, perl
postedFeb 5, '08 at 3:36a
activeFeb 5, '08 at 9:45a
websitecatalystframework.org
irc#catalyst

2 users in discussion

Ashley Pond V: 2 posts Matt S Trout: 1 post