Has anyone else had a problem with Catalyst::Plugin::Subrequest and
the new release of the runtime?

Since I've tried it out on my dev environment I'm seeing it throw
errors like:

Caught exception in UVFoodApp::Controller::Info->business "Can't
locate object method "getNodeValue" via package "Catalyst::Stats" at /
Library/Perl/5.8.6/Catalyst/Plugin/SubRequest.pm line 87."

It looks like where it used to be getting a Tree::Simple object it's
now getting Catalyst::Stats

I'm not savvy enough on Catalyst internals to suggest a fix... it's
easy enough to work around by disabling that chunk of code in
Catalyst::Plugin::Subrequest or not running in debug mode, but that's
obviously not the right solution.
- john romkey
http://www.romkey.com/

Search Discussions

  • Matt S Trout at Dec 24, 2007 at 6:25 pm

    Has anyone else had a problem with Catalyst::Plugin::Subrequest and
    the new release of the runtime?

    Since I've tried it out on my dev environment I'm seeing it throw
    errors like:

    Caught exception in UVFoodApp::Controller::Info->business "Can't
    locate object method "getNodeValue" via package "Catalyst::Stats" at /
    Library/Perl/5.8.6/Catalyst/Plugin/SubRequest.pm line 87."

    It looks like where it used to be getting a Tree::Simple object it's
    now getting Catalyst::Stats
    The Catalyst::Stats patch was supposed to go into 5.80 trunk, not 5.70.

    Can whichever idiot merged it to the wrong place revert it please and notify
    the list so marcus can put out a fixed release?

    (and this is why we DO NOT FUCKING APPLY FEATURE PATCHES TO THE FUCKING STABLE
    RELEASE PEOPLE I AM NOT FUCKING KIDDING AND I *CAN* AND *WILL* REVOKE COMMIT
    BITS TO TRUNK IF IT KEEPS HAPPENING)

    P.S. Merry Christmas

    Technical Director http://www.shadowcat.co.uk/catalyst/
    http://chainsawblues.vox.com/ http://www.shadowcat.co.uk/servers/

groupcatalyst @
categoriescatalyst, perl
postedDec 22, '07 at 5:13a
activeDec 24, '07 at 6:25p
websitecatalystframework.org
irc#catalyst

2 users in discussion

John Romkey: 1 post Matt S Trout: 1 post