If I have a Catalyst application and I use

PerlResponseHandler Application::Name

in httpd.conf

and I load that module in a startup.pl file, what happends with the modules
that might be loaded by that Catalyst app?
Are they also loaded before the server forks? Or I will need to load them
manually one by one in the startup.pl?

Thanks.

Octavian

Search Discussions

  • Andy Grundman at Nov 8, 2007 at 7:39 pm

    If I have a Catalyst application and I use

    PerlResponseHandler Application::Name

    in httpd.conf

    and I load that module in a startup.pl file, what happends with the
    modules that might be loaded by that Catalyst app?
    Are they also loaded before the server forks? Or I will need to load
    them manually one by one in the startup.pl?
    All you have to load is your application, i.e.:

    PerlModule MyApp

    Everything is then loaded before Apache forks any children.

    See the config example here:

    http://search.cpan.org/~agrundma/Catalyst-Engine-Apache-1.11/lib/Catalyst/Engine/Apache2/MP20.pm

    -Andy
  • Octavian Rasnita at Nov 8, 2007 at 9:21 pm
    Ok, thank you. I know how to load the modules, but I just wanted to know if
    all dependencies are loaded before server fork.

    Octavian

    If I have a Catalyst application and I use

    PerlResponseHandler Application::Name

    in httpd.conf

    and I load that module in a startup.pl file, what happends with the
    modules that might be loaded by that Catalyst app?
    Are they also loaded before the server forks? Or I will need to load
    them manually one by one in the startup.pl?
    All you have to load is your application, i.e.:

    PerlModule MyApp

    Everything is then loaded before Apache forks any children.

    See the config example here:

    http://search.cpan.org/~agrundma/Catalyst-Engine-Apache-1.11/lib/Catalyst/Engine/Apache2/MP20.pm

    -Andy

    Searchable archive:
    Dev site: http://dev.catalyst.perl.org/
  • Andy Grundman at Nov 8, 2007 at 9:40 pm