A few weeks ago, I successfully installed Task::Catalyst::Tutorial from
CPAN on a Fedora v6 VM image on Parallels on an Intel iMac. The
installation went smoothly and the demo worked fine.

However, yesterday I tried to install Task::Catalyst from CPAN on a
CentOS4 VMware image on the same Intel iMac. This repeatedly failed,
apparently due to failure of Catalyst Runtime to install due to fatal
problems with one specific module: CGI::Simple::Cookie.

I got the following message at the end of the failed install:

"Running make test
Can't test without successful make
Running make install
make had returned bad status, install seems impossible."

Please advise.

Thanks,

Michael Caudy