I'm having a little issue with SSL and uri_for.

mox_proxy is sending the X-Forwarded-For: headers correctly, but they
don't appear to have any information as to whether or not the request
was http or https. From what I can tell, this is normal behavior.
However, that means that if I'm just using http on the connection from
the proxy to the backend server, uri_for is incorrect, which causes all
sorts of mixed-mode warnings to pop up on any subsequent requests.

using_frontend_proxy is set to 1 in my config, but it doesn't appear to
address this particular issue.

Anybody have any suggestions for how I might fix this? For now, I'm
just running SSL to the backend server, but I'd really rather not waste
the resources.

Thanks,
Dylan

Search Discussions

  • Andy Grundman at May 18, 2007 at 12:15 am

    I'm having a little issue with SSL and uri_for.

    mox_proxy is sending the X-Forwarded-For: headers correctly, but they
    don't appear to have any information as to whether or not the request
    was http or https. From what I can tell, this is normal behavior.
    However, that means that if I'm just using http on the connection from
    the proxy to the backend server, uri_for is incorrect, which causes
    all
    sorts of mixed-mode warnings to pop up on any subsequent requests.

    using_frontend_proxy is set to 1 in my config, but it doesn't
    appear to
    address this particular issue.

    Anybody have any suggestions for how I might fix this? For now, I'm
    just running SSL to the backend server, but I'd really rather not
    waste
    the resources.
    One way to solve this is to proxy SSL requests to a different port on
    the backend, and set the environment variable HTTPS to 'ON' for that
    port's virtualhost on the backend. Then Catalyst will know it's in
    SSL mode and generate the right links.
  • Dylan Vanderhoof at May 21, 2007 at 11:07 pm

[...]

    Works perfectly. Thanks.

    -Dylan

groupcatalyst @
categoriescatalyst, perl
postedMay 17, '07 at 11:56p
activeMay 21, '07 at 11:07p
websitecatalystframework.org
irc#catalyst

2 users in discussion

Dylan Vanderhoof: 2 posts Andy Grundman: 1 post