Hi

I have something strange happening while using PageCache plugin and Apache server. When plugin has cached a page the next request i get 550 error response, next time i refresh everything is ok, next time again 550.

Appreciate any help.

--
vti

Search Discussions

  • Peter Karman at Mar 15, 2007 at 1:08 pm

    vti scribbled on 3/13/07 3:12 PM:
    Hi

    I have something strange happening while using PageCache plugin and Apache
    server. When plugin has cached a page the next request i get 550 error
    response, next time i refresh everything is ok, next time again 550.
    I have had this same error. It seems to happen especially with FireFox. My
    workaround was to explicitly set 'set_http_headers' to 0 in my page_cache
    config. That turns off the cache headers that tell your browser it's ok to cache
    the page locally, which means each request will get a fresh copy from the
    server. But since that fresh copy is cached on the server, it seemed a fair
    tradeoff to me if it solved the problem.

    --
    Peter Karman . http://peknet.com/ . peter@peknet.com
  • Vti at Mar 15, 2007 at 2:07 pm

    vti scribbled on 3/13/07 3:12 PM:
    Hi

    I have something strange happening while using PageCache plugin and Apache
    server. When plugin has cached a page the next request i get 550 error
    response, next time i refresh everything is ok, next time again 550.
    I have had this same error. It seems to happen especially with FireFox. My
    workaround was to explicitly set 'set_http_headers' to 0 in my page_cache
    config. That turns off the cache headers that tell your browser it's ok to
    cache the page locally, which means each request will get a fresh copy from
    the server. But since that fresh copy is cached on the server, it seemed a
    fair tradeoff to me if it solved the problem.

    --
    Peter Karman . http://peknet.com/ . peter@peknet.com
    Yes, i checked in Opera and elinks and it works fine. That is Firefox problem :-\

    --
    vti -- Viacheslav Tikhanovskii
    If a thief be found breaking up, and be smitten that he die, there shall

    I have something strange happening while using PageCache plugin and Apache server.
    If you have apache, you'd probably be better off using mod_cache. It
    will be a lot faster.

    - Perrin

groupcatalyst @
categoriescatalyst, perl