Does anyone know of a site(s) or book(s) that is a good resource for
perl web development? I have already done searches and have books but
some feedback from you guys would be great as well.

Its been sometime since I developed on the web and things have changed A
LOT! So I would like to get up to speed with certain areas. I am already
leaning heavily towards catalyst which should kinda enforce certain best
practices. However I do need to catch up with everything and I would
like to do it from a perl programming perspective. Most of the online
web development stuff is php/.net based. I like the perl resources that
specifically discuss which modules or techniques work best and
advantages/disadvantages for each so you can pick what's best for you.

Some of the areas I would specifically like to learn about are:
- table-less pages
- perl templating (already started a thread on that)
- Website security
- Ajax (basics, advanced, security)
- Advanced javascript
- Best practices (string validation, etc)
- SEO techniques (urls, content placement, etc)
- Must have tools (json, mochikit, etc)

The ideal resource would be some website that discusses each topic in
different articles and howtos for perl.

Ali Mesdaq
Security Researcher
Websense Security Labs
http://www.WebsenseSecurityLabs.com

  • Jonathan Rockway at Mar 14, 2007 at 12:46 am