Hi folks:

I want to deploy a site as a virtual named host in apache (1.3.xx for
various reasons). There seems to be lots of pointers to FCGI as a way
to hook the apache system into the application.

This looks like a good idea. I would like to do this. Yet when I
try to set up fcgi, it looks like I can't put those in virtual host
containers. Is this correct? If not, could you point me in the right
direction?

Thanks.

Joe

--

Joseph Landman, Ph.D
Founder and CEO

Search Discussions

  • Jonathan Rockway at Jan 10, 2007 at 9:40 pm

    Joe Landman wrote:
    Hi folks:

    I want to deploy a site as a virtual named host in apache (1.3.xx for
    various reasons). There seems to be lots of pointers to FCGI as a way
    to hook the apache system into the application.

    This looks like a good idea. I would like to do this. Yet when I try
    to set up fcgi, it looks like I can't put those in virtual host
    containers. Is this correct? If not, could you point me in the right
    direction?
    As per the manual, you need to do something like this:

    http://search.cpan.org/~jrockway/Catalyst-Manual-5.700501/lib/Catalyst/Manual/Cookbook.pod#FastCGI_Deployment

    FastCgiServer /path/to/myapp/server.fcgi
    <VirtualHost foo:80>
    Name myapp.example.com
    Alias / /path/to/myapp/server.fcgi/
    </VirtualHost>

    Alias is how you map objects to URLs in Apache; fastcgi works like
    everything else :)

    --
    package JAPH;use Catalyst qw/-Debug/;($;=JAPH)->config(name => do {
    $,.=reverse qw[Jonathan tsu rehton lre rekca Rockway][$_].[split //,

groupcatalyst @
categoriescatalyst, perl
postedJan 10, '07 at 8:48p
activeJan 10, '07 at 9:40p
websitecatalystframework.org
irc#catalyst

2 users in discussion

Jonathan Rockway: 1 post Joe Landman: 1 post