I have a problem running a catalyst app under apache2/mod_perl2. The app
runs fine with catalyst standalone server. But when I try to run it
under mod_perl on the same machine, i am getting the error below.

---------------
[Mon Nov 06 00:21:45 2006] [error] Weak references are not implemented
in the version of perl at /usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8.8/Catalyst.pm
line 22\nBEGIN failed--compilation aborted
at /usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8.8/Catalyst.pm line 22.\nCompilation
failed in require at /home/test/Friends/lib/Friends.pm line 23.\nBEGIN
failed--compilation aborted at /home/test/Friends/lib/Friends.pm line
23.\nCompilation failed in require at (eval 11) line 1.\n
---------------

In Catalyst.pm line 22 Scalar::Util is loaded with 'weakened'-Option.

It can not be my perl itself, because the standalone server is running,
or am i wrong? I already tried to recompile mod_perl without success.
Any hints are welcome.

Cheers,
Michael

--
Michael Frankl
//SEIBERT/MEDIA/TECHNOLOGIES

//SEIBERT/MEDIA GmbH / Rheingau Palais
Soehnleinstrasse 8 / 65201 Wiesbaden
T.+49-611-20570-43 / F.+49-611-20570-70
mailto:mfrankl@seibert-media.net
http://www.seibert-media.net

Search Discussions

  • Matt S Trout at Nov 8, 2006 at 11:32 pm

    Michael Frankl wrote:
    Hi,

    I have a problem running a catalyst app under apache2/mod_perl2. The app
    runs fine with catalyst standalone server. But when I try to run it
    under mod_perl on the same machine, i am getting the error below.
    The XS version of Scalar::Util isn't loading.

    Debug appropriately or switch to FastCGI (I'm serious, I used to love mod_perl
    but fCGI is lss moving parts and less fucking about)

    --
    Matt S Trout Offering custom development, consultancy and support
    Technical Director contracts for Catalyst, DBIx::Class and BAST. Contact

groupcatalyst @
categoriescatalyst, perl
postedNov 5, '06 at 11:44p
activeNov 8, '06 at 11:32p
websitecatalystframework.org
irc#catalyst

2 users in discussion

Michael Frankl: 1 post Matt S Trout: 1 post