From this thread: http://www.mail-archive.com/
catalyst at lists.rawmode.org/msg00778.html

I saw on the DBIC lists that the new release changed its utf8 handling.

- UTF8Columns changed to use "utf8" instead of "Encode"

I just grabbed it off the pause server and it does indeed fix the
earlier problem which eluded a lot of confusing debugging on my part
(just one example: utf8 worked on apache fine if the charset was
Latin). (And I was not thinking right b/c the other app that wasn't
having any disagreement between testing and live still uses CDBI
underneath with a utf8 hack, so it was almost certainly related to
the Model's handling of the data.)

Thanks to castaway and anyone else who is working on DBIC (and
Catalyst for that matter). It's all really great.

?Ashley

  • Marcus Ramberg at Aug 18, 2006 at 9:13 pm
    Actually, I changed this because the Encode way completely fucked up
    iusethis.com :-) So this was a totally selfish act.

    Marcus