Authentication worked fine on my dev server with old modules.
I tried to deploy to my web host and found that authentication wasn't
working. I could login but when I tried to logout I would get the
debug page. An attempt to login again would get the debug page. If I
delete the cookie I can login again.
I decided to update all my modules on the dev server and
authentication broke their too. Luckily my first attempt to resolve
this problem was to roll back Catalyst::Plugin::Authentication to
0.07. It solved the problem on my dev server and my production
FYI: Be sure to kill the old fcgi process if you use fcgi.