on FreeBSD 6.1-stable and Perl 5.8.7 the upgrade to latest version of
Catalyst gives me some errors during installation tests using cpan (and
not FreeBSD ports):

http://rafb.net/paste/results/irIt0489.html

How can I fix?

Thank you in advance, \fer

Search Discussions

  • Robert Sedlacek at Jul 16, 2006 at 5:19 pm
    Hi Ferruccio,

    Ferruccio Zamuner wrote:
    on FreeBSD 6.1-stable and Perl 5.8.7 the upgrade to latest version of
    Catalyst gives me some errors during installation tests using cpan (and
    not FreeBSD ports):
    Could you rerun the tests with debugging enabled[1] and post a link to
    that output? This would greatly help the bughunt.

    Thanks,
    phaylon

    [1] Env. Var. CATALYST_DEBUG=1
  • Ferruccio Zamuner at Jul 17, 2006 at 6:17 am
    Yes, of course.
    /
    Could you rerun the tests with debugging enabled[1] and post a link to
    that output? This would greatly help the bughunt.

    Thanks,
    phaylon
    http://rafb.net/paste/results/eebD9F32.html

    Bye, \fer
  • Robert Sedlacek at Jul 17, 2006 at 3:26 pm
    Hi Ferruccio,

    Ferruccio Zamuner said:
    Yes, of course.
    I'm afraid I can't find anything looking like the cause in there, but
    there are still some things we can try.

    Did you install an older version of Catalyst via port/package management?

    Could you try

    make install UNINST=1

    and re-run the test-suite? This will remove old package versions. Finally,
    to gather some more information, could you post a link to the output of

    perl -Ilib -It/lib -MTestApp -e'use Data::Dumper ; print Dumper \%INC'

    and

    perl -Ilib -It/lib -MTestApp -e'for (keys %INC)
    { s|/|::|g ; s/\.pm$// ; printf( "%s %s\n", $_, $_->VERSION ) }'

    in the dist directory?

    Thanks again,
    phaylon

groupcatalyst @