Looking at this file, their is this example:

tutorial_create.pl model AnotherDB DBIC::SchemaLoader dbi:Pg:dbname=foo
root
4321

But if i try this ( of cause with working parameters testet with
deprecated DBIC), i only get:

Couldn't load helper "Catalyst::Helper::Model::DBIC::SchemaLoader",
"Can't locate Catalyst/Helper/Model/DBIC/SchemaLoader.pm

I only got a Schema.pm there - but it produces no helpful stubs, have i
really to write the schema itself or is there a way like deprecated DBIC
one to generate it?

SchemaLoader package is installed, what is missing? Can you point me
which paket i forgot?

kind regards

Torsten

-- Weird enough for government work. --

Search Discussions

  • Brandon Black at Jun 29, 2006 at 12:17 pm

    Looking at this file, their is this example:

    tutorial_create.pl model AnotherDB DBIC::SchemaLoader dbi:Pg:dbname=foo
    root
    4321

    But if i try this ( of cause with working parameters testet with
    deprecated DBIC), i only get:

    Couldn't load helper "Catalyst::Helper::Model::DBIC::SchemaLoader",
    "Can't locate Catalyst/Helper/Model/DBIC/SchemaLoader.pm

    I only got a Schema.pm there - but it produces no helpful stubs, have i
    really to write the schema itself or is there a way like deprecated DBIC
    one to generate it?

    SchemaLoader package is installed, what is missing? Can you point me
    which paket i forgot?
    The Schema Loader has changed since that tutorial was written, and
    this no long a "DBIC::SchemaLoader" Helper. "perldoc
    Catalyst::Helper::Model::DBIC::Schema" will show you how to use the
    current Helper to create your Schema and Model for you, either
    dynamically (the way SchemaLoader Helper did), or statically.

    -- Brandon

groupcatalyst @
categoriescatalyst, perl
postedJun 29, '06 at 12:03p
activeJun 29, '06 at 12:17p
websitecatalystframework.org
irc#catalyst

2 users in discussion

Brandon Black: 1 post Torsten Krah: 1 post