For some reason, I can't make a model based around Class::DBI.

Unfortunately, I have to work with a custom database backend, so
there's no Class::DBI::Loader support, so Catalyst::Model::CDBI is
out.

I'd like to use Enzyme, but that depends on having instantiated model
objects in $c->components. Unfortunately, this rules
Catalyst::Model::CDBI::Plain out, since all the objects it creates are
Catalyst::Base.

For some reason, whenever I have a Class::DBI class inherit from
Catalyst::Model (or Catalyst::Base), the accessors no longer work.
So, I can use the model to search, but calls to get fields never make
their way down to Class:DBI.

Any ideas?

Search Discussions

  • Brandon Black at Jun 8, 2006 at 11:03 pm

    For some reason, I can't make a model based around Class::DBI.

    Unfortunately, I have to work with a custom database backend, so
    there's no Class::DBI::Loader support, so Catalyst::Model::CDBI is
    out.

    I'd like to use Enzyme, but that depends on having instantiated model
    objects in $c->components. Unfortunately, this rules
    Catalyst::Model::CDBI::Plain out, since all the objects it creates are
    Catalyst::Base.

    For some reason, whenever I have a Class::DBI class inherit from
    Catalyst::Model (or Catalyst::Base), the accessors no longer work.
    So, I can use the model to search, but calls to get fields never make
    their way down to Class:DBI.

    Any ideas?
    Have you considered DBIx::Class + Catalyst::Model::DBIC::Schema?
    Assuming you meant some non-so-standard DBD module when you said
    "custom database backend", DBIx::Class::Schema::Loader will take a
    good stab at loading it even without any explicit support.

    -- Brandon
  • Marcello Romani at Jun 9, 2006 at 6:20 am

    Michael Giambalvo ha scritto:
    For some reason, I can't make a model based around Class::DBI.

    Unfortunately, I have to work with a custom database backend, so
    there's no Class::DBI::Loader support, so Catalyst::Model::CDBI is
    out.

    I'd like to use Enzyme, but that depends on having instantiated model
    objects in $c->components. Unfortunately, this rules
    Catalyst::Model::CDBI::Plain out, since all the objects it creates are
    Catalyst::Base.

    For some reason, whenever I have a Class::DBI class inherit from
    Catalyst::Model (or Catalyst::Base), the accessors no longer work.
    So, I can use the model to search, but calls to get fields never make
    their way down to Class:DBI.

    Any ideas?
    IME the C::DBI classes should not inherit directly from C::Base. My
    usual setup is:

    in MyApp::Model::CDBI;
    use base 'Catalyst::Model::CDBI'; # or ::Plain

    in MyApp::Model::CDBI::Products:
    use base 'MyApp::Model::CDBI';

    HTH

    Marcello Romani