Hello,
i'm starting to develop a new website and i'd like to develop using Perl
instead of PHP. I'm very interested on using Catalyst for speeding up
coding but what i can't understand how to deploy my site after having
developed it locally. In a typical hosting enviroment (linux) you can't
install Perl modules as you do normally having root access to the
server. Is there a simple way to install Catalyst in these cases?
Sorry for asking so basic questions but i'm not able to find clear
documentation about this issue (and i'm a Perl newbie :P )

Thank you,
Gianmaria

Search Discussions

  • Chisel Wright at Apr 26, 2006 at 4:24 pm

    http://www.catalystframework.org/calendar/2005/10 maybe?

    --
    Chisel Wright
    e: chisel at herlpacker.co.uk
    w: http://www.herlpacker.co.uk/
  • Bill Moseley at Apr 26, 2006 at 5:52 pm

    i'm starting to develop a new website and i'd like to develop using Perl
    instead of PHP. I'm very interested on using Catalyst for speeding up
    coding but what i can't understand how to deploy my site after having
    developed it locally. In a typical hosting enviroment (linux) you can't
    install Perl modules as you do normally having root access to the
    server. Is there a simple way to install Catalyst in these cases?
    Sorry for asking so basic questions but i'm not able to find clear
    documentation about this issue (and i'm a Perl newbie :P )
    http://www.catalystframework.org/calendar/2005/10 maybe?
    I've got this setup on Dreamhost / Debian Stable and it fails quite
    often -- even with the most current CPAN.pm. Yesterday it failed on
    me trying to add C::P::Scheduler and dependencies.

    I have another Debian Stable machine I was going to try from scratch
    soon as I have a few free hours. But, I'd rather unpack a tarball
    someplace then screw with CPAN for that much time.

    I think CatInABox is a away to keep from going insane.

    How current is this?

    http://handelframework.com/downloads/

    Here's how big my local CPAN installe library is for my Catalyst
    Application.

    $ du -sh local
    26M local

    $ find local -name \*.pm | wc -l
    1164

    $ find local -name \*.so | wc -l
    19

    --
    Bill Moseley
    moseley at hank.org
  • Christopher H. Laco at Apr 26, 2006 at 6:03 pm

    Bill Moseley wrote:
[...]

    From ye page apache output: 24-Mar-2006 18:34 948K

    I believe it's 5.66 and pretty up to date.
    I need to do another roll with an updated ConfigLoader and 5.678

    -=Chris