Hey everybody,

Just want to update on the progress. I've installed the CentOS 4.3
(386). I used KDE GUI (minimal installation). Installation includes:

* Catalyst v1.70
* Perl v5.8.5
* Apache v2.0.52
* MySQL v4.1.12
* PostgreSQL v7.4.8
* SQLite v3.2.2

So far I've setup Catalyst module base (read: CPAN mirror ;) with
minimum problems. For some reason installation went in a loop after I
chose an optional gpg module to be installed. I broke off the loop with
ctrl+c, then started again and it seemed to work fine.

I tried setting up Hops demo. Yes, I know, it's outdated and uses
Class::DBI, but I thought it would be the simplest thing to start with,
as it's old and proven. I got it to work with the native Catalyst
server, but having trouble getting it to work under the mod_fastcgi, but
I am sure I'll get it to work eventually and then it's only a matter of
cloning the <VritualHost> and getting more Catalyst apps into the
system. Suggestions/app donations are welcome!

One thing that really concerns me thus far is the size of the
installation. Right now vmware image is at 2.4 GB! Even if I take out
GUI stuff, it's still quite large. I am not sure of how it's best to
distribute it. What do you suggest?

Best regards!

Search Discussions

  • Kennedy Clark at Apr 20, 2006 at 2:49 am