I have just moved a developing app on to a production server which is
running up-to-date (among other things) Catalyst -- 5.64 against 5.55 on
my development machine. Suddenly the request->path contains %20 rather
than spaces in urls that have them -- which screws up all sorts of things.
Could this be down to Catalyst and/or Cat helpers/plugins or should I be
looking elsewhere?

Harold Frayman

Search Discussions

  • Lars Balker Rasmussen at Feb 23, 2006 at 9:07 am

    I have just moved a developing app on to a production server which is
    running up-to-date (among other things) Catalyst -- 5.64 against 5.55 on
    my development machine. Suddenly the request->path contains %20 rather
    than spaces in urls that have them -- which screws up all sorts of things.
    Could this be down to Catalyst and/or Cat helpers/plugins or should I be
    looking elsewhere?
    This was caused by the fix for http://dev.catalyst.perl.org/ticket/62
    introduced in 5.64.

    Personally, I've just added

    $text =~ s/%([0-9A-Fa-f]{2})/chr(hex($1))/eg;

    to the few controllers that took text-arguments in the url, but a fix to the
    problem was discussed on irc some days ago. Don't know what the status is.

    Btw, up-to-date cat is 5.65 ;-)
    --
    Lars Balker Rasmussen Consult::Perl
  • Lars Balker Rasmussen at Feb 23, 2006 at 9:16 am

    I have just moved a developing app on to a production server which is
    running up-to-date (among other things) Catalyst -- 5.64 against 5.55 on
    my development machine. Suddenly the request->path contains %20 rather
    than spaces in urls that have them -- which screws up all sorts of things.
    Could this be down to Catalyst and/or Cat helpers/plugins or should I be
    looking elsewhere?
    This was caused by the fix for http://dev.catalyst.perl.org/ticket/62
    introduced in 5.64.

    [...] a fix to the problem was discussed on irc some days ago.
    Don't know what the status is.
    And had the coffee kicked in, I would have noticed that
    http://dev.catalyst.perl.org/ticket/67 was that fix.

    This is included in 5.65, and I've just confirmed it works.
    --
    Lars Balker Rasmussen Consult::Perl
  • Matt S Trout at Feb 23, 2006 at 1:49 pm

    I have just moved a developing app on to a production server which is
    running up-to-date (among other things) Catalyst -- 5.64 against 5.55 on
    my development machine. Suddenly the request->path contains %20 rather
    than spaces in urls that have them -- which screws up all sorts of things.
    Could this be down to Catalyst and/or Cat helpers/plugins or should I be
    looking elsewhere?
    Every change introduces at least two bugs. Every bugfix is a change.

    I screwed up on this one; fortunately somebody was kinda enough to not
    only fix it but add tests to ensure nobody makes the same silly mistake
    again; both are included in the latest release.

    --
    Matt S Trout Offering custom development, consultancy and support
    Technical Director contracts for Catalyst, DBIx::Class and BAST. Contact

  • Harold Frayman at Feb 24, 2006 at 12:18 pm

    I have just moved a developing app on to a production server which is
    running up-to-date (among other things) Catalyst -- 5.64 against 5.55 on
    my development machine. Suddenly the request->path contains %20 rather
    than spaces in urls that have them -- which screws up all sorts of
    things.
    Could this be down to Catalyst and/or Cat helpers/plugins or should I be
    looking elsewhere?
    Every change introduces at least two bugs. Every bugfix is a change.

    I screwed up on this one; fortunately somebody was kinda enough to not
    only fix it but add tests to ensure nobody makes the same silly mistake
    again; both are included in the latest release.

    --
    Matt S Trout Offering custom development, consultancy and
    Maybe, given the original point which was to distinguish spaces from
    explicit '%20' in urls, I shouldn't be asking for this; but with the
    latest patch in place I still have a problem. Static:Simple sees a
    req->path which includes the encodings and therefore reports (correctly,
    under the circumstances) that it cannot find the file specified. Does the
    patch need to be applied even earlier in the processing or shouldn't I be
    asking?

    Meanwhile, I've posted Trout's Law on the wall.

    Harold

groupcatalyst @
categoriescatalyst, perl
postedFeb 23, '06 at 8:48a