Is anyone working on an LDAP module for the new authentication stuff?

Seeing how fast Catalyst code & modules change, I thought I better ask
before I start trying to cobble my own together (in my mind, it will be
quicker waiting a few days for someone else to release code than for me
to try and work out how to code it myself ;-)

Duncs

  • Gavin Henry at Feb 1, 2006 at 10:50 pm
    <quote who="Duncan Ferguson">
    Is anyone working on an LDAP module for the new authentication stuff?
    I am about ot start this too, just doing some yak shaving getting
    Samba::LDAP on to CPAN (see http://catalyst.perl.org/random), then will
    get on to Catalyst::Plugin::Authentication::Store::LDAP, with some help
    from nothingmuch.
    Seeing how fast Catalyst code & modules change, I thought I better ask
    before I start trying to cobble my own together (in my mind, it will be
    quicker waiting a few days for someone else to release code than for me
    to try and work out how to code it myself ;-)
    Fancy a joint effort?

    Gavin.
    Duncs

  • Duncan Ferguson at Feb 1, 2006 at 11:15 pm
    Out of interest, hot come you havnt used Net::LDAP?

    I have tried using samba as the auth tool before, but couldnt get it
    working properly with Apache 2, so used Net::LDAP before I found out
    about Catalyst.

    Duncs

    Is anyone working on an LDAP module for the new authentication stuff?
    I am about ot start this too, just doing some yak shaving getting
    Samba::LDAP on to CPAN (see http://catalyst.perl.org/random), then will
    get on to Catalyst::Plugin::Authentication::Store::LDAP, with some help
    from nothingmuch.
    Seeing how fast Catalyst code & modules change, I thought I better ask
    before I start trying to cobble my own together (in my mind, it will be
    quicker waiting a few days for someone else to release code than for me
    to try and work out how to code it myself ;-)
    Fancy a joint effort?

    Gavin.
    Duncs

  • Gavin Henry at Feb 1, 2006 at 11:36 pm
    <quote who="Duncan Ferguson">
    Out of interest, hot come you havnt used Net::LDAP?
    Me? Can't tell when reading top posters ;-)
    I have tried using samba as the auth tool before, but couldnt get it
    working properly with Apache 2, so used Net::LDAP before I found out
    about Catalyst.
    It's not for auth, it's to manage Samba and part of a bigger thing. See:

    http://catalyst.perl.org/random/ghenry/2006/01/27/Getting_ready_to_release_Alpha_version_of_Samba_LDAP_a_smbldap_tools_port

    Gav.
    Duncs

    Is anyone working on an LDAP module for the new authentication stuff?
    I am about ot start this too, just doing some yak shaving getting
    Samba::LDAP on to CPAN (see http://catalyst.perl.org/random), then will
    get on to Catalyst::Plugin::Authentication::Store::LDAP, with some help
    from nothingmuch.
    Seeing how fast Catalyst code & modules change, I thought I better ask
    before I start trying to cobble my own together (in my mind, it will be
    quicker waiting a few days for someone else to release code than for me
    to try and work out how to code it myself ;-)
    Fancy a joint effort?

    Gavin.
    Duncs

  • Alan Humphrey at Feb 1, 2006 at 10:51 pm
    I've got one that wraps Authen::Simple::LDAP. Good for Authentication but
    probably not useful if you need Authorization as well.

    Let me know if you want it and I'll send it along.

    - Alan

    Is anyone working on an LDAP module for the new authentication stuff?

    Seeing how fast Catalyst code & modules change, I thought I better ask
    before I start trying to cobble my own together (in my mind, it will be
    quicker waiting a few days for someone else to release code than for me
    to try and work out how to code it myself ;-)

    Duncs

  • Duncan Ferguson at Feb 1, 2006 at 11:14 pm
    I would like some authorisation stuff eventually, but this would
    certainly be useful to me if you could send it.

    Thanks

    Duncs
    I've got one that wraps Authen::Simple::LDAP. Good for Authentication but
    probably not useful if you need Authorization as well.

    Let me know if you want it and I'll send it along.

    - Alan

    Is anyone working on an LDAP module for the new authentication stuff?

    Seeing how fast Catalyst code & modules change, I thought I better ask
    before I start trying to cobble my own together (in my mind, it will be
    quicker waiting a few days for someone else to release code than for me
    to try and work out how to code it myself ;-)

    Duncs

  • Alan Humphrey at Feb 2, 2006 at 12:14 am
    Here you go. Use with caution. I took the Htpasswd version and beat on it
    until it worked for me.

    Is anyone working on an LDAP module for the new authentication stuff?

    Seeing how fast Catalyst code & modules change, I thought I better ask
    before I start trying to cobble my own together (in my mind, it will be
    quicker waiting a few days for someone else to release code than for me
    to try and work out how to code it myself ;-)

    Duncs

    A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
    Name: LDAP.pm
    Type: application/octet-stream
    Size: 2238 bytes
    Desc: not available
  • Andreas Marienborg at Feb 6, 2006 at 2:58 pm
    Just tested theese now, in a new app at work.

    They work fine here as well, but require to bind with a password, or
    anon, it doesnt support no password option.

    other than that, I would say pack it up and release it, and if you
    dont want to, is it ok by you if I do it?

    andreas
    Here you go. Use with caution. I took the Htpasswd version and
    beat on it
    until it worked for me.

    Is anyone working on an LDAP module for the new authentication stuff?

    Seeing how fast Catalyst code & modules change, I thought I better
    ask
    before I start trying to cobble my own together (in my mind, it
    will be
    quicker waiting a few days for someone else to release code than
    for me
    to try and work out how to code it myself ;-)

    Duncs

  • Alan Humphrey at Feb 6, 2006 at 3:54 pm
    Go ahead and release. Thanks!

    Is anyone working on an LDAP module for the new authentication stuff?

    Seeing how fast Catalyst code & modules change, I thought I better
    ask
    before I start trying to cobble my own together (in my mind, it
    will be
    quicker waiting a few days for someone else to release code than
    for me
    to try and work out how to code it myself ;-)

    Duncs

  • Yuval Kogman at Feb 2, 2006 at 5:38 pm

    I've got one that wraps Authen::Simple::LDAP. Good for Authentication but
    probably not useful if you need Authorization as well.

    Let me know if you want it and I'll send it along.
    With the new auth framework?

    If you are able to create a user object that maps to the LDAP fields
    it should be trivial to get authz for "free".

    --
    () Yuval Kogman <nothingmuch@woobling.org> 0xEBD27418 perl hacker &
    /\ kung foo master: /me sneaks up from another MIME part: neeyah!!!!!