Hi,

I wrapped up this hack from the Catalyst wiki as a Catalyst plugin:
http://dev.catalystframework.org/wiki/wikicookbook/urlpathprefixing

(I could not make this module a controller or request trait, as it not
only massages the request object, but also relays the language
information between the request object and the C:P::I18N part of the
context object. Any better idea is welcome.)

Can you have a look at it and comment (or tell me if it's plain wrong):

http://github.com/mendel/Catalyst-Plugin-I18N-PathPrefix

norbi

Search Discussions

  • Zbigniew Lukasiak at Dec 3, 2009 at 9:59 pm
    Hi,

    In general this is great! I really wished someone wrote this as a
    CPAN module. Just one note - in recent weeks I was working on
    application/context split for Catalyst Runtime
    (http://dev.catalystframework.org/svnweb/Catalyst/browse/Catalyst-Runtime/5.80/branches/basic-app-ctx-separation-cleaned/).
    That branch now passes all (reasonable) tests and is only waiting for
    a backcompat layer for plugins. I think the plan is to merge it into
    trunk as soon as this is done and after this is done plugins that add
    methods to the context object will work through this additional
    backcompat layer - thus making it much more complex. So I think at
    that point it would be reasonable to make it an Context role instead
    of Plugin.

    Cheers,
    Zbigniew
    I wrapped up this hack from the Catalyst wiki as a Catalyst plugin:
    http://dev.catalystframework.org/wiki/wikicookbook/urlpathprefixing

    (I could not make this module a controller or request trait, as it not
    only massages the request object, but also relays the language
    information between the request object and the C:P::I18N part of the
    context object. Any better idea is welcome.)

    Can you have a look at it and comment (or tell me if it's plain wrong):

    http://github.com/mendel/Catalyst-Plugin-I18N-PathPrefix

    norbi

    Zbigniew Lukasiak
    http://brudnopis.blogspot.com/
    http://perlalchemy.blogspot.com/
  • BUCHMULLER Norbert at Dec 7, 2009 at 10:25 pm

    Just one note - in recent weeks I was working on
    application/context split for Catalyst Runtime
    (http://dev.catalystframework.org/svnweb/Catalyst/browse/Catalyst-Runtime/5.80/branches/basic-app-ctx-separation-cleaned/).
    That branch now passes all (reasonable) tests and is only waiting for
    a backcompat layer for plugins. I think the plan is to merge it into
    trunk as soon as this is done and after this is done plugins that add
    methods to the context object will work through this additional
    backcompat layer - thus making it much more complex. So I think at
    that point it would be reasonable to make it an Context role instead
    of Plugin.
    Hi Zbigniew,

    thanks for your feedback. I've heard about the app/ctxt split. I think
    that it still makes sense to release it as a plugin for now (for the
    benefit of 'legacy' installations); and once the app/ctxt split is merged
    and released, I'll upload a Catalyst::TraitFor::Context::I18N::PathPrefix
    and deprecate the plugin.

    norbi

groupcatalyst-dev @
categoriescatalyst, perl