I am trying to read the message contents/payload of published messages from
my queue. however, as per the script, encoding other than auto/base64 is not
supported. Can someone help on this ?
BTW, Line 90 on said script (rabbitmqadmin) does not have 'encoding' listed
as a parameter (mandatory/optional). Local fix followed but I can't see the
text of the message in the queue using the rabbitmqadmin cli.

TIA,
R2D2,

  • Simon MacMullen at May 31, 2012 at 10:24 am

    BTW, Line 90 on said script (rabbitmqadmin) does not have 'encoding' listed
    as a parameter (mandatory/optional). Local fix followed but I can't see the
    text of the message in the queue using the rabbitmqadmin cli.
    This was fixed in 2.8.0; "rabbitmqadmin get" was just broken before that
    I'm afraid. If you don't want to upgrade your server you can just grab
    the latest released rabbitmqadmin from:

    http://hg.rabbitmq.com/rabbitmq-management/raw-file/rabbitmq_v2_8_2/bin/rabbitmqadmin

    Since in general the HTTP API does not change much it should be compatible.
    I am trying to read the message contents/payload of published messages from
    my queue. however, as per the script, encoding other than auto/base64 is not
    supported. Can someone help on this ?
    However, it's worth noting that auto and base64 are the only encodings
    supported by the HTTP API - we can't force a message body to be a string
    if it isn't.

    Cheers, Simon

    --
    Simon MacMullen
    RabbitMQ, VMware

grouprabbitmq-discuss @
categoriesrabbitmq
postedMay 30, '12 at 7:44p
activeMay 31, '12 at 10:24a
websiterabbitmq.com
irc#rabbitmq

2 users in discussion

Simon MacMullen: 1 post Ws_dev2001: 1 post