Hi,

I am a rookie to RabbitMQ. When installing rabbitmq_management plugin on Win
XP I am getting following error:

Activating RabbitMQ plugins ...
ERROR: generation of boot script file C:/Documents and Settings/Jakub/Data
aplik
ac?/RabbitMQ/db/rabbit at JAKUB-HOME-plugins-expand/rabbit.script failed:
{error,xref_base,
{invalid_filename,"c:/Documents and Settings/Jakub/Data
aplikac?/RabbitMQ
/db/rabbit at JAKUB-HOME-plugins-expand/amqp_client-2.7.1/ebin"}}

Anybody guess what's the problem?

Thanks

  • Emile Joubert at Feb 17, 2012 at 4:16 pm
    Hi,
    I am a rookie to RabbitMQ. When installing rabbitmq_management plugin on Win
    XP I am getting following error:

    Activating RabbitMQ plugins ...
    ERROR: generation of boot script file C:/Documents and Settings/Jakub/Data
    aplik
    ac?/RabbitMQ/db/rabbit at JAKUB-HOME-plugins-expand/rabbit.script failed:
    {error,xref_base,
    {invalid_filename,"c:/Documents and Settings/Jakub/Data
    aplikac?/RabbitMQ
    /db/rabbit at JAKUB-HOME-plugins-expand/amqp_client-2.7.1/ebin"}}
    Do you have any non-ASCII characters in your paths? This seems to cause
    problems for Erlang on Windows.

    A possible workaround is to use the "short" paths as returned by "dir
    /x". In your case it should help if you set %RABBITMQ_BASE% to a folder
    name that does not contain non-ASCII characters, either elsewhere on
    your filesystem or by using "dir /x".

    -Emile
  • Jaksky at Feb 20, 2012 at 7:41 pm
    Hi,

    thanks for help. That solved the problem with Document and Settings in path.

    J.