Hi
I downloaded the rabbitmq-server-generic-unix-2.7.1.tar and extracted it in
the /usr/local/rabbitmq directory. When I started the server
bin/rabbitmq-server Its not started with given error erl not found.
Now to install Erlang, I have downloaded otp_src_R15B.tar.gz
I run the following command to extracted it using command
tar zxf otp_src_R15B.tar.gz
in the directory /usr/local/erlang directory
then ./configure
and after that make command
but make command is not working because it is not able to find the
otp_deb.mk file and it doesnot exists in the specified directory.
What else i can use to install the erl in debian.

Thanks

  • Alexandru Scvorţov at Feb 10, 2012 at 9:43 am
    Hi,

    The website describes the steps to install RabbitMQ on Debian:
    http://www.rabbitmq.com/install-debian.html

    Basically, you have to add this line to /etc/apt/sources.list
    deb http://www.rabbitmq.com/debian/ testing main

    And then run:
    sudo apt-get update
    sudo apt-get install rabbitmq-server

    That will install the latest RabbitMQ server and take care of
    dependencies.

    Is there a reason why you don't use the package manager?

    Cheers,
    Alex
    I downloaded the rabbitmq-server-generic-unix-2.7.1.tar and extracted it in
    the /usr/local/rabbitmq directory. When I started the server
    bin/rabbitmq-server Its not started with given error erl not found.
    Now to install Erlang, I have downloaded otp_src_R15B.tar.gz
    I run the following command to extracted it using command
    tar zxf otp_src_R15B.tar.gz
    in the directory /usr/local/erlang directory
    then ./configure
    and after that make command
    but make command is not working because it is not able to find the
    otp_deb.mk file and it doesnot exists in the specified directory.
    What else i can use to install the erl in debian.

    Thanks
  • Cheepu at Feb 10, 2012 at 10:45 am
    Thanks for the reply.
    Before the installation of rabbitmq i need to install erl, how can i install
    this.
    Even the installation steps for rabbitmq produces error that rabbitmq-server
    depends on erlang-nox
    please guide me to install erl in the debian.

    Thanks

    Alexandru Scvor?ov wrote:
[...]

  • Simon MacMullen at Feb 10, 2012 at 10:48 am
    Are you perhaps trying to install the RabbitMQ deb with dpkg? That won't
    automatically resolve dependencies, so you can either "sudo apt-get
    install erlang-nox" or use apt for the whole thing as described by
    Alexandru below.

    But Erlang is in Debian, it's a completely normal install.

    Cheers, Simon