Hi,

In the RabbitMQ documentation there is a mention about how the management plugin works in a cluster, and from what I understand these are the main points:

1. The management plugin can be installed on one or more nodes in the cluster

2. Cluster nodes which do not have full management plugin will need to have an management-agent plugin installed on them

3. The management plugin installs a database into RabbitMQ. In a RabbitMQ cluster there will be only one copy of the statistics database located in the first node to come up that has full management plugin installed. If that node goes down then statistics information will be missing.

My question is: Isn't there any other way by which we can make the statistics database highly available? Because our requirement is that, we would like to review the statistics on a monthly basis, but in case the lone node goes down within that period, we lose all the information.

Thanks and regards,
Mridu

www.wipro.com
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...

Search Discussions

  • Simon MacMullen at Jan 13, 2012 at 11:55 am
    That information is actually out of date (theoretically as of 2.6.0
    although in practice the stats DB recovery was buggy until 2.7.1). I'll
    update it.

    So now the stats DB will get recreated on another node in the cluster
    (assuming there is another node which is running the full mgmt plugin,
    not just the agent). When the DB is recreated it will gather the
    information it needs from the rest of the cluster. So there shouldn't be
    anything to worry about.

    Cheers, Simon
[...]

    *Please do not print this email unless it is absolutely necessary. *

    and may contain proprietary, confidential or privileged information. If
    you are not the intended recipient, you should not disseminate,
    distribute or copy this e-mail. Please notify the sender immediately and

    transmitted by this email.

    www.wipro.com

    Simon MacMullen
    RabbitMQ, VMware
  • Mridusmita Talukdar at Jan 13, 2012 at 7:12 pm
    Thanks Simon.

    That information is actually out of date (theoretically as of 2.6.0
    although in practice the stats DB recovery was buggy until 2.7.1). I'll
    update it.

    Is there a place where we can get the latest documentation of RabbitMQ which reflects the current RabbitMQ version? That will help us in our design considerations.

    Thanks and regards,
    Mridu

    www.wipro.com
    An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
  • Jerry Kuch at Jan 13, 2012 at 7:21 pm
    Hi, Mridu: The easiest thing might be to keep an eye on the release notes
    for new Rabbits as they appear. For bugs that haven't directly generated a
    lot of external, public discussion on their own, this is sometimes the most
    natural way to find out that a suspected problem has been dispatched...

    Best regards,
    Jerry