Hi all,

What questions should go on a "How do I ... with RabbitMQ?" page on the
Rabbit website?

I'm imagining both basic low-level how-tos as well as higher-level best
practices for achieving a certain result. Essentially describing a few use
cases for messaging in general.

I can think of a few examples to kick things off:

- How do I prioritize delivery of some messages over others with
RabbitMQ? (A: Take Doug Barth's
approach<http://dougbarth.github.com/2011/07/01/approximating-priority-with-rabbitmq.html>,
or some variation of it)
- How do I queue up tasks for later processing with RabbitMQ? (A: Use
celery perhaps? Plenty of approaches to roll-your-own too)
- How do I send email from a RabbitMQ queue?
- How do I receive messages from HTTP POSTs into a RabbitMQ exchange?
- How do I push messages to the browser using RabbitMQ?
- How do I connect to RabbitMQ from iOS devices?

The "Going Further" section of the existing how.html
page<http://www.rabbitmq.com/how.html>has some good things on it. I'm
sure some of the other links on that page
could be presented in more general "How do I...?" terms, too. What else am
I missing?

Cheers,
Tony

--
Tony Garnock-Jones
tonygarnockjones at gmail.com
http://homepages.kcbbs.gen.nz/tonyg/
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...

Search Discussions

  • Alexis Richardson at Dec 21, 2011 at 11:34 pm
    Tony

    Thanks for framing an excellent set of questions.

    I believe that some answers are implicit in the How page, but we could
    certainly benefit from something along the lines you suggest. I
    believe that, indeed, many items are addressed by content you have
    published on the internets.

    The two best people to move this along are both on xmas hols, so
    please bear with us.

    alexis

    On Wed, Dec 21, 2011 at 6:30 PM, Tony Garnock-Jones
    What questions should go on a "How do I ... with RabbitMQ?" page on the
    Rabbit website?

    I'm imagining both basic low-level how-tos as well as higher-level best
    practices for achieving a certain result. Essentially describing a few use
    cases for messaging in general.

    I can think of a few examples to kick things off:

    How do I prioritize delivery of some messages over others with RabbitMQ? (A:
    Take Doug Barth's approach, or some variation of it)
    How do I queue up tasks for later processing with RabbitMQ? (A: Use celery
    perhaps? Plenty of approaches to roll-your-own too)
    How do I send email from a RabbitMQ queue?
    How do I receive messages from HTTP POSTs into a RabbitMQ exchange?
    How do I push messages to the browser using RabbitMQ?
    How do I connect to RabbitMQ from iOS devices?

    The "Going Further" section of the existing how.html page has some good

    tonygarnockjones at gmail.com
    http://homepages.kcbbs.gen.nz/tonyg/

  • Tony Garnock-Jones at Dec 22, 2011 at 12:31 am