For example, taking the basic "Hello World" case the producer sends a
message to the consumer. Is there a mechanism for the consumer to send
"Hello back to you" back to the producer? Or does this involves
setting up a pair of Producers/Consumers and then selectively
receiving messages as per tutorial 4.

Search Discussions

  • Alexandru Scvorţov at Nov 29, 2011 at 9:35 am

    For example, taking the basic "Hello World" case the producer sends a
    message to the consumer. Is there a mechanism for the consumer to send
    "Hello back to you" back to the producer?
    AMQP does not have an automatic way to do this.
    Or does this involves
    setting up a pair of Producers/Consumers and then selectively
    receiving messages as per tutorial 4.
    That sounds about right, though I'm not sure what you mean by
    *selectively* receiving messages.

    I'd expect the producer to declare its own queue, and somehow let the
    consumer know about it; then, the consumer could just publish back to
    it.

    Cheers,
    Alex

    For example, taking the basic "Hello World" case the producer sends a
    message to the consumer. Is there a mechanism for the consumer to send
    "Hello back to you" back to the producer? Or does this involves
    setting up a pair of Producers/Consumers and then selectively
    receiving messages as per tutorial 4.
  • Rosa, Andrea at Nov 29, 2011 at 12:25 pm
    Hi
    For example, taking the basic "Hello World" case the producer sends a
    message to the consumer. Is there a mechanism for the consumer to send
    "Hello back to you" back to the producer?
    AMQP does not have an automatic way to do this.
    Or does this involves
    setting up a pair of Producers/Consumers and then selectively
    receiving messages as per tutorial 4.
    That sounds about right, though I'm not sure what you mean by
    *selectively* receiving messages.

    I'd expect the producer to declare its own queue, and somehow let the
    consumer know about it; then, the consumer could just publish back to
    it.
    I agree with Alex. In my application the producer declares a queue and an exchange and call them using a random id and in the message sent to the consumer there is the indication of this id.
    The consumer when it receives the message publish back a reply on the exchange using the id found in the original message.
    Hope this helps
    --
    Andrea

grouprabbitmq-discuss @