Hi,
I've hit another issue with the temp-queue/reply-queue functionality in
rabbitmq's stomp adapter.

I basically just wrote a couple of little apps that ping a message back
and forth between each other, using the /temp-queue stuff in the
reply-to fields.

The first message goes through, but after that the server kicks me off,
and reports:

=ERROR REPORT==== 10-Nov-2011::04:25:53 ===
STOMP error frame sent:
Message: "Processing error"
Detail: "Processing error\n"
Server private detail: {badarg,
[{erlang,list_to_binary,
[<<"amq.gen-X4QkaphR9pZCvDYz5aNXKg==">>]},
{rabbit_stomp_frame,binary_header,2},
{rabbit_stomp_frame,binary_header,3},
{rabbit_stomp_util,message_properties,1},
{rabbit_stomp_processor,do_send,4},
{rabbit_stomp_processor,process_request,3},
{gen_server2,handle_msg,2},
{proc_lib,wake_up,3}]}

I'm pretty sure I'm sending valid messages to the server, so I'm not
sure what's going on here.
Any thoughts?

Thanks,
Toby

Search Discussions

  • Toby Corkindale at Nov 10, 2011 at 5:50 am
    By the way - a bit more info I've worked out here..

    The error occurs if I try to send multiple messages using the same
    reply-to temporary address.

    ie. Something like this:

    SEND
    destination:/some/where
    reply-to:/temp-queue/foo

    SEND
    destination:/some/where/else
    reply-to:/temp-queue/foo

    Is that meant to work or not?
    I realise it's not quite the intended use of the /temp-queue/
    functionality, but I thought it would be OK.

    If I change the above to send to /temp-queue/foo1 and then
    /temp-queue/foo2 it all works as expected.

    I've changed my code to result in something like this instead:

    SUBSCRIBE
    destination:/exchange/amq.direct/${unique_id}

    SEND
    destination:/some/where
    reply-to:/exchange/amq.direct/${unique_id}

    SEND
    destination:/some/where/else
    reply-to:/exchange/amq.direct/${unique_id}

    As this has the desired effect of receiving messages just to me, and
    disposing of the messages if I've disappeared.

    However, I thought the "processing error" might still be a bug in Rabbit?

    -Toby
[...]

    .signature
  • Matthias Radestock at Nov 10, 2011 at 6:28 am
    Toby,
    The error occurs if I try to send multiple messages using the same
    reply-to temporary address.

    ie. Something like this:

    SEND
    destination:/some/where
    reply-to:/temp-queue/foo

    SEND
    destination:/some/where/else
    reply-to:/temp-queue/foo

    Is that meant to work or not?
    Yes it is. Alas there is a bug, so it doesn't.

    Matthias.

grouprabbitmq-discuss @
categoriesrabbitmq
postedNov 10, '11 at 4:33a