Can someone help me out with this.

I've been using RabbitMQ locally on my windows box successfully for sometime. But when I try to run on linux with server and client on different linux machines I get this error

AMQP protocol version mismatch; we are version 0-9-1, server sent signature 1,1,0,9

I am using RabbitMQ version 2.5.1 server and client which supports 0-9-1 but I dont know why the server signature says 1,1,0,9.

To narrow down the problem the java client build I'm running I first ran on Windows and pointed the host to the Linux Rabbit server. And it worked fined when I passed some messages.

But using the same client build deployed on a Linux box I get the above error. Only when it tries to send a message not on startup. Here is the exact stacktrace

Exception in thread "pub-sub-pool-2" org.springframework.amqp.AmqpIOException: java.io.IOException
at org.springframework.amqp.rabbit.connection.RabbitUtils.convertRabbitAccessException(RabbitUtils.java:109)
at org.springframework.amqp.rabbit.connection.AbstractConnectionFactory.createBareConnection(AbstractConnectionFactory.java:118)
at org.springframework.amqp.rabbit.connection.CachingConnectionFactory.createConnection(CachingConnectionFactory.java:179)
at org.springframework.amqp.rabbit.connection.ConnectionFactoryUtils$1.createConnection(ConnectionFactoryUtils.java:77)
at org.springframework.amqp.rabbit.connection.ConnectionFactoryUtils.doGetTransactionalResourceHolder(ConnectionFactoryUtils.java:121)
at org.springframework.amqp.rabbit.connection.ConnectionFactoryUtils.getTransactionalResourceHolder(ConnectionFactoryUtils.java:67)
at org.springframework.amqp.rabbit.connection.RabbitAccessor.getTransactionalResourceHolder(RabbitAccessor.java:100)
at org.springframework.amqp.rabbit.core.RabbitTemplate.execute(RabbitTemplate.java:402)
at org.springframework.amqp.rabbit.core.RabbitTemplate.send(RabbitTemplate.java:225)
at org.springframework.amqp.rabbit.core.RabbitTemplate.convertAndSend(RabbitTemplate.java:242)
at org.springframework.amqp.rabbit.core.RabbitTemplate.convertAndSend(RabbitTemplate.java:238)
at com.comp.transports.fix.handlers.Sender$1.run(Sender.java:115)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:619)
Caused by: java.io.IOException
at com.rabbitmq.client.impl.AMQChannel.wrap(AMQChannel.java:107)
at com.rabbitmq.client.impl.AMQConnection.start(AMQConnection.java:261)
at com.rabbitmq.client.ConnectionFactory.newConnection(ConnectionFactory.java:403)
at com.rabbitmq.client.ConnectionFactory.newConnection(ConnectionFactory.java:423)
at org.springframework.amqp.rabbit.connection.AbstractConnectionFactory.createBareConnection(AbstractConnectionFactory.java:116)
... 13 more
Caused by: com.rabbitmq.client.ShutdownSignalException: connection error; reason: com.rabbitmq.client.MalformedFrameException: AMQP protocol version mismatch; we are version 0-9-1, server sent signature 1,1,0,9
at com.rabbitmq.utility.ValueOrException.getValue(ValueOrException.java:67)
at com.rabbitmq.utility.BlockingValueOrException.uninterruptibleGetValue(BlockingValueOrException.java:33)
at com.rabbitmq.client.impl.AMQChannel$BlockingRpcContinuation.getReply(AMQChannel.java:328)
at com.rabbitmq.client.impl.AMQConnection.start(AMQConnection.java:246)
... 16 more
Caused by: com.rabbitmq.client.MalformedFrameException: AMQP protocol version mismatch; we are version 0-9-1, server sent signature 1,1,0,9
at com.rabbitmq.client.impl.Frame.protocolVersionMismatch(Frame.java:183)
at com.rabbitmq.client.impl.Frame.readFrom(Frame.java:120)
at com.rabbitmq.client.impl.SocketFrameHandler.readFrame(SocketFrameHandler.java:140)
at com.rabbitmq.client.impl.AMQConnection.readFrame(AMQConnection.java:397)
at com.rabbitmq.client.impl.AMQConnection$MainLoop.run(AMQConnection.java:425)

Thanks,
Cory

-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...

Search Discussions

  • Gavin M. Roy at Oct 26, 2011 at 5:52 pm
    I would run tcpdump on the conversation on see if it's actually sending
    that. Unless you're running a modified RabbitMQ server, that's *very*
    strange to me.

    It seems more likely to me that the client is messing up somehow.

    Regards,

    Gavin
[...]

  • Matthias Radestock at Oct 26, 2011 at 5:58 pm

    It seems more likely to me that the client is messing up somehow.
    ...or that the server is in fact not RabbitMQ.

    Matthias.
  • Cory Showers at Oct 26, 2011 at 8:05 pm
    Ok problem solved. The reason why this only appeared on the linux
    machines was because a tunnel was not setup correctly from the client
    machine to the server machine.

    rabbitmq-discuss at lists.rabbitmq.com