In RabbitMQ java client, we can configure heartbeat or connection
timeout in ConnectionFactory class.

But in erlang client, #amqp_params_network only has heartbeat, and we
can't configure the connection timeout.

Could someone explain to me?

In fact, I met a serious problem in my system recently.
When the network card is broken down in my rabbitmq server, my client
is blocked in trying to setup the connection. This is because we don't
set the connection timeout.

When we try to fix this issue, we just find the timout is only
available in Java client. So we don't know how to fix the same issue
in Erlang client.

Thank you very much!

Search Discussions

  • Simon MacMullen at Oct 17, 2011 at 1:46 pm