Hi All,

On a new server running RMQ 2.4.1 with the management, I've noticed a
behavior where after about 30 minutes of runtime the WebUI for the
management plugin starts showing this error at the bottom of the page:

"TypeError: Cannot read property 'messages_ready' of undefined"

You can navigate the UI but the message counters are "?" in addition to the
error message. The _log, _err, and .log files show no errors. Any idea what
might be causing this? Thank you in advance.

-J
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...

Search Discussions

  • Simon MacMullen at Jun 10, 2011 at 9:12 am

    On a new server running RMQ 2.4.1 with the management, I've noticed a
    behavior where after about 30 minutes of runtime the WebUI for the
    management plugin starts showing this error at the bottom of the page:

    "TypeError: Cannot read property 'messages_ready' of undefined"

    You can navigate the UI but the message counters are "?" in addition to
    the error message. The _log, _err, and .log files show no errors. Any
    idea what might be causing this? Thank you in advance.
    Hi Jason. What you're seeing is consistent with the management
    statistics database going away.

    I can see this happening in two ways - either you're running a cluster
    and the node hosting the db went down (one day we'll have failover for
    this, but not yet), or it crashed - but in that case I would expect the
    supervisor to restart it.

    So - are you running a cluster? If not, can you send me the logs somehow?

    Cheers, Simon

    --
    Simon MacMullen
    RabbitMQ, VMware

    Actually, I found an error message in rabbit.log that seems related to
    that: https://gist.github.com/1019290

    Any ideas? It appears to happen some period of time after several
    vhost/user/permission creations via the REST API.

    -J