I'm using RabbitMq to process tasks that can be processed anywhere in
the range of 1 sec to a couple of days, albeit the later should be a
rare case, and I was wondering if there is any timeout set in Erlang or
RabbitMq that would prevent me from sending the BasicAck after a very
long period of time and work as expected?

I read stuff about some connection heartbeat but couldn't quite figure
out if it's related.

Thanks,

Yann

-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...

Search Discussions

  • Valentin Bernard at May 26, 2011 at 7:30 am
    Hi,

    That shouldn't be a problem. Here is what the 2nd tutorial says:
    "If a consumer dies without sending an ack, RabbitMQ will understand
    that a message wasn't processed fully and will redeliver it to another
    consumer. That way you can be sure that no message is lost, even if
    the workers occasionally die.

    There aren't any message timeouts; RabbitMQ will redeliver the message
    only when the worker connection dies. It's fine even if processing a
    message takes a very, very long time."

    Regards,

    Valentin.
    I'm using RabbitMq to process tasks that can be processed anywhere in
    the range of 1 sec to a couple of days, albeit the later should be a
    rare case, and I was wondering if there is any timeout set in Erlang or
    RabbitMq that would prevent me from sending the BasicAck after a very
    long period of time and work as expected?

    I read stuff about some connection heartbeat but couldn't quite figure
    out if it's related.

    Thanks,

    Yann

  • Simon MacMullen at May 26, 2011 at 9:44 am
    I think Valentin has already answered your question, but: