Hi,

Can anyone tell me the drawbacks and/or advantages of consuming 2
queues on 2 channels in a single connection versus consume them using
1 channel for each (so 2 connections at all)?

Thank you in advance

Alfonso

Search Discussions

  • Alexandru Scvorţov at Feb 17, 2011 at 10:28 am
    Hi,
    Can anyone tell me the drawbacks and/or advantages of consuming 2
    queues on 2 channels in a single connection versus consume them using
    1 channel for each (so 2 connections at all)?
    I assume you meant ``1 connection for each''.

    Performance-wise there's not much difference.

    One connection for each means that hard-errors on one channel will only
    take down one of the two connections. In addition, some AMQP methods
    affect the entire connection, some more connections could mean more
    fine-grained control.

    You probably don't want multiple connections, though.

    Cheers,
    Alex