Hello
I updated my rabbitmq server and erlang and installed management
plugin ( following rabbitmq plugins docs). I run into error when am
starting rabbitmq server. it seems like management-agent is unable to
start. Doesn't give me any error that can help me diagnose the issue.
Am attaching logs

=INFO REPORT==== 31-Jan-2011::12:30:39 ===
started TCP Listener on 0.0.0.0:5672

=INFO REPORT==== 31-Jan-2011::12:30:39 ===
Management agent started.

=INFO REPORT==== 31-Jan-2011::12:30:39 ===
application: rabbit_management_agent
exited: {shutdown,{rabbit_mgmt_agent_app,start,[normal,[]]}}
type: permanent

=INFO REPORT==== 31-Jan-2011::12:30:39 ===
stopped TCP Listener on 0.0.0.0:5672

=CRASH REPORT==== 31-Jan-2011::12:30:39 ===
crasher:
initial call: rabbit_mgmt_external_stats:init/1
pid: <0.238.0>
registered_name: []
exception exit: {undef,[{rabbit_misc,now_ms,[]},

{rabbit_mgmt_external_stats,internal_update,1},
{rabbit_mgmt_external_stats,init,1},
{gen_server,init_it,6},
{proc_lib,init_p_do_apply,3}]}
in function gen_server:init_it/6
ancestors: [rabbit_mgmt_agent_sup,<0.236.0>]
messages: []
links: [<0.237.0>]
dictionary: []
trap_exit: false
status: running
heap_size: 377
stack_size: 24
reductions: 127
neighbours:

=SUPERVISOR REPORT==== 31-Jan-2011::12:30:39 ===
Supervisor: {local,rabbit_mgmt_agent_sup}
Context: start_error
Reason: {undef,[{rabbit_misc,now_ms,[]},
{rabbit_mgmt_external_stats,internal_update,
1},
{rabbit_mgmt_external_stats,init,1},
{gen_server,init_it,6},
{proc_lib,init_p_do_apply,3}]}
Offender: [{pid,undefined},
{name,rabbit_mgmt_external_stats},
{mfargs,{rabbit_mgmt_external_stats,start_link,[]}},
{restart_type,permanent},
{shutdown,5000},
{child_type,worker}]

finally .....

starting error log
relay ...done
starting
networking ...done
-- network listeners available

broker running
{"Kernel pid
terminated",application_controller,"{application_start_failure,rabbit_management_agent,
{shutdown,{rabbit_mgmt_agent_app,start,[normal,[]]}}}"}

Crash dump was written to: erl_crash.dump
Kernel pid terminated (application_controller)
({application_start_failure,rabbit_management_agent,{shutdown,
{rabbit_mgmt_agent_app,start,[normal,[]]}}})

Search Discussions

  • Matthew Sackman at Jan 31, 2011 at 11:39 am

    I updated my rabbitmq server and erlang and installed management
    plugin ( following rabbitmq plugins docs).

    exception exit: {undef,[{rabbit_misc,now_ms,[]},
    Very likely your versions don't match up. I suspect you're using a newer
    version of the Management plugin with an older version of Rabbit. It's
    possible you have multiple bits of versions of Rabbit installed which
    can create confusion as to which modules are being used when. Please
    make sure you've removed all traces of your previos installation.

    Matthew
  • Prashant at Jan 31, 2011 at 12:28 pm
    Thanks a lot matthew. you are right it was version mismatch.

    Regds