I'm not sure whether I should be asking this question here, or if
there's a different path for communicating problems with the
rabbitmq-management plugin. I thought about opening an issue via
github, but it looks like the rabbitmq-managment committers are
already using mercurial for ticket tracking.

I have been really impressed with the management plugin, however, I am
having problems with making GET requests to the "/apis/queues" route.
When requesting that path I get back a 500 Internal server error. In
the rabbitmq log file the error is being logged as:

=ERROR REPORT==== 20-Dec-2010::16:21:58 ===
webmachine error: path="/api/queues"
{error,{exit,{json_encode,{bad_term,<0.16116.0>}},
? ? ? ? ? ? [{mochijson2,json_encode,2},
? ? ? ? ? ? ?{mochijson2,'-json_encode_proplist/2-fun-0-',3},
? ? ? ? ? ? ?{lists,foldl,3},
? ? ? ? ? ? ?{mochijson2,json_encode_proplist,2},
? ? ? ? ? ? ?{mochijson2,'-json_encode_array/2-fun-0-',3},
? ? ? ? ? ? ?{lists,foldl,3},
? ? ? ? ? ? ?{mochijson2,json_encode_array,2},
? ? ? ? ? ? ?{rabbit_mgmt_util,reply,3}]}}

I'm running a clean install of rabbitmq 2.2.0 with all the most recent
rabbitmq-management plugins. Here's the configuration details of the
stack:

/usr/sbin/rabbitmqctl status
Status of node 'rabbit at rabbit-server01' ...
[{running_applications,
[{rabbit_management,"RabbitMQ Management Console","2.2.0"},
{webmachine,"webmachine","1.7.0"},
{rabbit_management_agent,"RabbitMQ Management Agent","2.2.0"},
{amqp_client,"RabbitMQ AMQP Client","2.2.0"},
{rabbit,"RabbitMQ","2.2.0"},
{os_mon,"CPO CXC 138 46","2.2.2"},
{sasl,"SASL CXC 138 11","2.1.6"},
{rabbit_mochiweb,"RabbitMQ Mochiweb Embedding","2.2.0"},
{mochiweb,"MochiMedia Web Server","1.3"},
{crypto,"CRYPTO version 1","1.6"},
{inets,"INETS CXC 138 49","5.1"},
{mnesia,"MNESIA CXC 138 12","4.4.10"},
{stdlib,"ERTS CXC 138 10","1.16.2"},
{kernel,"ERTS CXC 138 10","2.13.2"}]},
{nodes,[{disc,['rabbit at rabbit-server01','rabbit at rabbit-server02]}]},
{running_nodes,['rabbit at rabbit-server01','rabbit at rabbit-server02']}]
...done.

Also, I'm running Erlang R13B01. Could that be the problem?

$ erl
Erlang R13B01 (erts-5.7.2) [source] [64-bit] [smp:8:8] [rq:8]
[async-threads:0] [hipe] [kernel-poll:false]

Thanks,
Andrew

Search Discussions

  • Simon MacMullen at Dec 21, 2010 at 11:45 am

    I'm not sure whether I should be asking this question here, or if
    there's a different path for communicating problems with the
    rabbitmq-management plugin. I thought about opening an issue via
    github, but it looks like the rabbitmq-managment committers are
    already using mercurial for ticket tracking.
    Hi Andrew. The rabbitmq-management committers are the RabbitMQ
    committers, so here is the right place :)
    I have been really impressed with the management plugin, however, I am
    having problems with making GET requests to the "/apis/queues" route.
    When requesting that path I get back a 500 Internal server error. In
    the rabbitmq log file the error is being logged as:

    =ERROR REPORT==== 20-Dec-2010::16:21:58 ===
    webmachine error: path="/api/queues"
    {error,{exit,{json_encode,{bad_term,<0.16116.0>}},
    Hmm. Looks like you found a bug. Are you using exclusive consumers by
    any chance?

    Could you try replacing your rabbitmq-management-2.2.0.ez with

    http://www.rabbitmq.com/releases/plugins/v2.2.0/rabbitmq-management-2.2.0-exclusive-consumer-fix.ez

    and see if that fixes the problem?
    Also, I'm running Erlang R13B01. Could that be the problem?
    No, R13B01 should be OK.

    Cheers, Simon

    --
    Simon MacMullen
    Staff Engineer, RabbitMQ

    I was seeing that "api/queues" error even when I didn't have any
    consumers attached. However, I'm running the management plugin against
    a rabbit in our dev environment where the server is a shared resource
    for several developers. It is quite possible that at some point in
    development we had an exclusive consumer subscribed to queue.

    -Andrew