I am trying to figure out what are some of the do's and don'ts of rabbitmq.
Like Don't use a bunch queues, do use more exchanges.. those two are
probably not correct.
Growth rates of memory usage related to queues,exchanges and bindings.
Big O notation is more important to me if the knowledge exists
already.
Also I seen that direct exchange is O(N) when delivering messages, is
N the number of possible queues.

My current design for my system might have bunch of queues on one box
but it also has 32GB of ram and 16 cores and it is active passive
cluster node.
I am trying to figure out if it is going to be problem. We basically
have clients that are going over http and they will need reply back,
but the reply is based on
the client, so I was going to make queue for each client and have it
expire after a while. There are a limit number of clients, less then
2000 unique clients.

Thanks,
Ben

Search Discussions

  • Matthias Radestock at Dec 2, 2010 at 11:25 pm
    Ben,

    Ben Bennett wrote:
    Also I seen that direct exchange is O(N) when delivering messages, is
    N the number of possible queues.
    Direct exchanges have near constant matching time.

    Perhaps you were thinking of topic exchanges, which are indeed O(N) atm,
    though we are working on improving that.
    My current design for my system might have bunch of queues on one box
    but it also has 32GB of ram and 16 cores and it is active passive
    cluster node.
    I am trying to figure out if it is going to be problem. We basically
    have clients that are going over http and they will need reply back,
    but the reply is based on
    the client, so I was going to make queue for each client and have it
    expire after a while. There are a limit number of clients, less then
    2000 unique clients.
    That should all be fine. I created 300,000 queues on my desktop today.
    Took just over two minutes and rabbit grew to 2.9GB.

    Regards,

    Matthias.

grouprabbitmq-discuss @
categoriesrabbitmq
postedDec 2, '10 at 2:58p
activeDec 2, '10 at 11:25p
websiterabbitmq.com
irc#rabbitmq

2 users in discussion

Matthias Radestock: 1 post Ben Bennett: 1 post