Hello.

I have a plain vanilla RabbitMQ 2.1.0 install on Ubuntu 10.04, installed
using dpkg -i.

I downloaded the rabbitmq-management plugin and pre-requisites as linked
from the plugins page (http://www.rabbitmq.com/plugins.html) into
/usr/lib/rabbitmq/lib/rabbitmq_server-2.1.0/plugins.

Restarting Rabbit starts the plugin on port 55672. But when I browse to
it and log in as an admin user (guest, after `rabbitmqctl set_admin
guest`...) I get the following error:

The server encountered an error while processing this request:
{error,{exit,{json_encode,{bad_term,{bound_to,[<<"0.0.0.0:5672">>]}}},
[{mochijson2,json_encode,2},
{mochijson2,'-json_encode_array/2-fun-0-',3},
{lists,foldl,3},
{mochijson2,json_encode_array,2},
{rabbit_mgmt_util,reply,3},
{webmachine_resource,resource_call,3},
{webmachine_resource,do,3},
{webmachine_decision_core,resource_call,1}]}}

Digging into it, it appears the problematic api call is:

curl -iv -u guest:guest http://localhost:55672/api/overview

Have I misconfigured something, or would this be a bug in the plugin?

Thank you!

Chris Chew

Search Discussions

  • Simon MacMullen at Oct 7, 2010 at 11:55 am