I'm trying to use php pecl amqp to set up some monitoring scripts. When I
create a connection using a valid DNS name, I get the following exception:

PHP Fatal error: Uncaught exception 'AMQPConnectionException' with message
'Parameter 'host' exceeds 32 characters limit.'

Seems way too restrictive to me.

Thanks,
Bryan
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...

Search Discussions

  • Marek Majkowski at Sep 29, 2010 at 1:09 pm
    I'm afraid we know nothing about the php lib. But going through
    the sources reveals more 32-byte limits:
    http://svn.php.net/repository/pecl/amqp/trunk/amqp.c

    Let's ask the author:

    Pieter,
    is there any reason for the 32 byte limits?

    Cheers,
    Marek
    I'm trying to use php pecl amqp to set up some monitoring scripts. ?When I
    create a connection using a valid DNS name, I get the following exception:
    PHP Fatal error: ?Uncaught exception 'AMQPConnectionException' with message
    'Parameter 'host' exceeds 32 characters limit.'

    Seems way too restrictive to me.
  • Pieter de Zwart at Oct 7, 2010 at 5:15 pm
    None whatsoever. Ill get this fixed asap. Sorry.
    Pieter

    I'm afraid we know nothing about the php lib. But going through
    the sources reveals more 32-byte limits:
    http://svn.php.net/repository/pecl/amqp/trunk/amqp.c

    Let's ask the author:

    Pieter,
    is there any reason for the 32 byte limits?

    Cheers,
    Marek
    I'm trying to use php pecl amqp to set up some monitoring scripts. ?When I
    create a connection using a valid DNS name, I get the following exception:
    PHP Fatal error: ?Uncaught exception 'AMQPConnectionException' with message
    'Parameter 'host' exceeds 32 characters limit.'

    Seems way too restrictive to me.
    -------------- next part --------------
    An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
  • Pieter de Zwart at Oct 8, 2010 at 4:11 am
    Hey Bryan,

    What version are you using of the AMQP extension and Rabbit? I am patching
    the newest version I am working on, but I want to backport it to whatever
    you are using as well.

    Thanks,
    Pieter

    I'm trying to use php pecl amqp to set up some monitoring scripts. ?When I
    create a connection using a valid DNS name, I get the following exception:

    PHP Fatal error: ?Uncaught exception 'AMQPConnectionException' with message
    'Parameter 'host' exceeds 32 characters limit.'?

    Seems way too restrictive to me.

    Thanks,
    Bryan

    the rubicon project

    PIETER DE ZWART | LEAD, INTERFACES TEAM
    ??? P 310 207 0272 | x224
    ??? C 408 666 4443
    ??? F 323 466 7119

    1925 S. BUNDY DRIVE
    LOS ANGELES, CALIFORNIA 90025

    WWW.RUBICONPROJECT.COM <http://www.rubiconproject.com/>

    ?COMPANY OF THE YEAR? ALWAYSON ONMEDIA 2009
    #24 ON FAST COMPANY FAST 50 READER FAVORITES
    2008 ALWAYSON 250 GLOBAL WINNER
    2008 ALWAYSON ONMEDIA 100 WINNER
    TWIISTUP3 BEST IN SHOW
    PRICEWATERHOUSECOOPERS ? ENTRETECH BEST STARTUP
    AMERICAN BUSINESS AWARDS - STEVIES ?08 FINALIST BEST NEW COMPANY
    AMERICAN BUSINESS AWARDS - STEVIES ?08 FINALIST MOST INNOVATIVE COMPANY
    AMERICAN BUSINESS AWARDS - STEVIES ?08 FINALIST NEW PRODUCT OR SERVICE -
    SERVICES