This is what I got in my log file:

=INFO REPORT==== 23-Aug-2010::14:38:19 ===
starting STOMP connection <0.451.0> from 10.0.1.100:63404

=ERROR REPORT==== 23-Aug-2010::14:38:19 ===
STOMP error frame sent:
Message: "Processing error"
Detail: "Processing error\n"
Server private detail: {{badmatch,
{ok,
{'channel.open_ok'},

{state,#Port<0.2016>,undefined,<0.453.0>,<0.452.0>,
{headers,
{hstate,command,[],undefined,undefined,
[]}}}}},
[{rabbit_stomp_server,do_login,4},
{rabbit_stomp_server,process_frame,3},
{rabbit_stomp_server,process_received_bytes,
2},
{rabbit_stomp_server,init,1},
{proc_lib,init_p_do_apply,3}]}

=INFO REPORT==== 23-Aug-2010::14:38:19 ===
ending STOMP connection <0.451.0> from 10.0.1.100:63404


----

What I did was checkout the rabbitmq-public-umbrella package, then I
reverted rabbitmq-stomp to version 149
cd rabbitmq-stomp
hg update -C -r 149
make package
Then I copied rabbitmq-stomp/dist/rabbit_stomp.ez and rabbitmq-stomp/
dist/amqp_client.ez to my plugins directory, and then copied the
rabbitmq-stomp/ebin files to my rabbitmq_server-1.8.1/ebin/ directory.

After that I activated, restarted, and then tried to connect using
stomp.py

Search Discussions

  • Simon MacMullen at Aug 23, 2010 at 2:20 pm

    On 23/08/10 14:31, Tim Child wrote:
    This is what I got in my log file:

    =INFO REPORT==== 23-Aug-2010::14:38:19 ===
    starting STOMP connection<0.451.0> from 10.0.1.100:63404

    =ERROR REPORT==== 23-Aug-2010::14:38:19 ===
    STOMP error frame sent:
    Message: "Processing error"
    Detail: "Processing error\n"
    Server private detail: {{badmatch,
    {ok,
    {'channel.open_ok'},

    {state,#Port<0.2016>,undefined,<0.453.0>,<0.452.0>,
    {headers,
    {hstate,command,[],undefined,undefined,
    []}}}}},
    [{rabbit_stomp_server,do_login,4},
    {rabbit_stomp_server,process_frame,3},
    {rabbit_stomp_server,process_received_bytes,
    2},
    {rabbit_stomp_server,init,1},
    {proc_lib,init_p_do_apply,3}]}

    =INFO REPORT==== 23-Aug-2010::14:38:19 ===
    ending STOMP connection<0.451.0> from 10.0.1.100:63404
    This looks like you are running the wrong version. However...
    What I did was checkout the rabbitmq-public-umbrella package, then I
    reverted rabbitmq-stomp to version 149
    In Mercurial, the short version integers like 149 are only meanigful
    locally - my 149 is not yours, unfortunately. J?r?my Lal suggests that
    0428e1a2a2ab should work - you should be able to see this with "hg id".
    cd rabbitmq-stomp
    hg update -C -r 149
    make package
    Then I copied rabbitmq-stomp/dist/rabbit_stomp.ez and rabbitmq-stomp/
    dist/amqp_client.ez to my plugins directory
    Sounds OK.
    and then copied the
    rabbitmq-stomp/ebin files to my rabbitmq_server-1.8.1/ebin/ directory.
    You should not need to copy these - they're embedded in the .ez file.

    Cheers, Simon

    --
    Simon MacMullen
    Staff Engineer, RabbitMQ
    SpringSource, a division of VMware
  • Tim Child at Aug 23, 2010 at 3:30 pm
    I managed with the help of the IRC channel to checkout the complete rabbitmq-public-umbrella and compile.

    So now was is left to do is to install in a meaningful way on my Ubuntu 10.04 LTS server, by that I mean, have a proper daemon running, with the binaries on the path and have the STOMP server installed. I presume there is something in rabbitmq-server/packaging I could use?

    I can't find any instructions on how to do this however.

    Tim.

    On 23 Aug 2010, at 16:20, Simon MacMullen wrote:
    On 23/08/10 14:31, Tim Child wrote:
    This is what I got in my log file:

    =INFO REPORT==== 23-Aug-2010::14:38:19 ===
    starting STOMP connection<0.451.0> from 10.0.1.100:63404

    =ERROR REPORT==== 23-Aug-2010::14:38:19 ===
    STOMP error frame sent:
    Message: "Processing error"
    Detail: "Processing error\n"
    Server private detail: {{badmatch,
    {ok,
    {'channel.open_ok'},

    {state,#Port<0.2016>,undefined,<0.453.0>,<0.452.0>,
    {headers,
    {hstate,command,[],undefined,undefined,
    []}}}}},
    [{rabbit_stomp_server,do_login,4},
    {rabbit_stomp_server,process_frame,3},
    {rabbit_stomp_server,process_received_bytes,
    2},
    {rabbit_stomp_server,init,1},
    {proc_lib,init_p_do_apply,3}]}

    =INFO REPORT==== 23-Aug-2010::14:38:19 ===
    ending STOMP connection<0.451.0> from 10.0.1.100:63404
    This looks like you are running the wrong version. However...
    What I did was checkout the rabbitmq-public-umbrella package, then I
    reverted rabbitmq-stomp to version 149
    In Mercurial, the short version integers like 149 are only meanigful locally - my 149 is not yours, unfortunately. J?r?my Lal suggests that 0428e1a2a2ab should work - you should be able to see this with "hg id".
    cd rabbitmq-stomp
    hg update -C -r 149
    make package
    Then I copied rabbitmq-stomp/dist/rabbit_stomp.ez and rabbitmq-stomp/
    dist/amqp_client.ez to my plugins directory
    Sounds OK.
    and then copied the
    rabbitmq-stomp/ebin files to my rabbitmq_server-1.8.1/ebin/ directory.
    You should not need to copy these - they're embedded in the .ez file.

    Cheers, Simon

    --
    Simon MacMullen
    Staff Engineer, RabbitMQ
    SpringSource, a division of VMware

    _______________________________________________
    rabbitmq-discuss mailing list
    rabbitmq-discuss at lists.rabbitmq.com
    https://lists.rabbitmq.com/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/rabbitmq-discuss
    Tim Child
    +46 (0) 7602 17785
    Skype: timchild
    http://www.cantemo.com
  • Simon MacMullen at Aug 23, 2010 at 3:49 pm

    On 23/08/10 16:30, Tim Child wrote:
    I managed with the help of the IRC channel to checkout the complete
    rabbitmq-public-umbrella and compile.
    I'll assume you're running from default now.
    So now was is left to do is to install in a meaningful way on my
    Ubuntu 10.04 LTS server, by that I mean, have a proper daemon
    running, with the binaries on the path and have the STOMP server
    installed. I presume there is something in rabbitmq-server/packaging
    I could use?
    Yes, but as noted it's undocumented; building Debian packages from
    Mercurial is a fairly rare case. Try something like:

    $ cd rabbitmq-server
    $ make VERSION=1.8.99 srcdist
    $ make -C packaging/debs/Debian UNOFFICIAL_RELEASE=true package
    $ sudo dpkg -i packaging/debs/Debian/rabbitmq-server_1.8.99-1_all.deb

    This will build and install a Debian package for the server *without*
    plugins.

    You should then copy the .ez. files for the plugins you need to:

    /usr/lib/rabbitmq/lib/rabbitmq_server-1.8.99/plugins/

    and restart rabbitmq-server for the changes to take effect (there's no
    rabbitmq-activate-plugins in default, it's automatic).

    Of course, the 1.8.99 version above is something I made up, you could
    use something else.

    Cheers, Simon
    --
    Simon MacMullen
    Staff Engineer, RabbitMQ
    SpringSource, a division of VMware
  • Simon MacMullen at Aug 23, 2010 at 4:45 pm

    On 23/08/10 17:35, Tim Child wrote:
    Awesome just what I wanted. For future reference, I needed the
    packages - cdbs debhelper xmlto.
    Ah, should have mentioned that...
    Only thing I have noticed is that I don't have the commands
    "rabbitmq-activate-plugins rabbitmq-deactivate-plugins"
    In the upcoming version of rabbitmq-server, those commands don't exist
    any more. Restarting the server will automatically activate plugins.
    Remove the plugins from the plugins directory and restart to deactivate
    them. A list of activated plugins is written into
    /var/log/rabbitmq/startup_log.

    Cheers, Simon
    Perhaps I am missing something from doing my compile steps: ---

    apt-get install erlang-crypto erlang-snmp erlang-syntax-tools
    libsctp1 lksctp-tools erlang-runtime-tools erlang-mnesia
    erlang-public-key erlang-os-mon erlang-ssl erlang-base
    erlang-parsetools mercurial git-core build-essential erlang-dev zip
    erlang-tools erlang-src python-simplejson erlang-edoc cd ~ hg clone
    http://hg.rabbitmq.com/rabbitmq-public-umbrella cd
    rabbitmq-public-umbrella make co make

    ---

    Thanks though..

    Tim.
    On 23 Aug 2010, at 17:49, Simon MacMullen wrote:
    On 23/08/10 16:30, Tim Child wrote:
    I managed with the help of the IRC channel to checkout the
    complete rabbitmq-public-umbrella and compile.
    I'll assume you're running from default now.
    So now was is left to do is to install in a meaningful way on my
    Ubuntu 10.04 LTS server, by that I mean, have a proper daemon
    running, with the binaries on the path and have the STOMP server
    installed. I presume there is something in
    rabbitmq-server/packaging I could use?
    Yes, but as noted it's undocumented; building Debian packages from
    Mercurial is a fairly rare case. Try something like:

    $ cd rabbitmq-server $ make VERSION=1.8.99 srcdist $ make -C
    packaging/debs/Debian UNOFFICIAL_RELEASE=true package $ sudo dpkg
    -i packaging/debs/Debian/rabbitmq-server_1.8.99-1_all.deb

    This will build and install a Debian package for the server
    *without* plugins.

    You should then copy the .ez. files for the plugins you need to:

    /usr/lib/rabbitmq/lib/rabbitmq_server-1.8.99/plugins/

    and restart rabbitmq-server for the changes to take effect (there's
    no rabbitmq-activate-plugins in default, it's automatic).

    Of course, the 1.8.99 version above is something I made up, you
    could use something else.

    Cheers, Simon -- Simon MacMullen Staff Engineer, RabbitMQ
    SpringSource, a division of VMware

    _______________________________________________ rabbitmq-discuss
    mailing list rabbitmq-discuss at lists.rabbitmq.com
    https://lists.rabbitmq.com/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/rabbitmq-discuss
    Tim Child +46 (0) 7602 17785 Skype: timchild http://www.cantemo.com

    --
    Simon MacMullen
    Staff Engineer, RabbitMQ
    SpringSource, a division of VMware
  • Tony Garnock-Jones at Aug 23, 2010 at 6:59 pm

    Tim Child wrote:
    So now was is left to do is to install in a meaningful way on my Ubuntu
    10.04 LTS server, by that I mean, have a proper daemon running, with the binaries
    on the path and have the STOMP server installed. I presume there is something in
    rabbitmq-server/packaging I could use?
    If you don't mind using the extremely unofficial packages I've built for my own
    personal use (on and for a rackspace-cloud ubuntu machine), you could try adding

    deb http://vapour.eighty-twenty.org/rabbitmq/repo/debian/ kitten main

    to your sources.list and running

    apt-get install rabbitmq-server rabbitmq-plugin-rabbit-stomp

    The packages in the repo are built from the latest mercurial/git revisions of
    the various rabbitmq projects by http://github.com/tonyg/rabbitmq-universe
    every time I get around to making it check for updates. Which is every few
    days. I suppose I should cron it or something.

    The version numbers will look odd at first glance. I've tried to explain here:
    http://github.com/tonyg/rabbitmq-universe#readme

    Cheers,
    Tony
  • Tim Child at Aug 24, 2010 at 7:36 am
    Yes, I saw that you had scripts for building different packages. Might give that a go in the future.

    Thanks,

    Tim.
    On 23 Aug 2010, at 20:59, Tony Garnock-Jones wrote:

    Tim Child wrote:
    So now was is left to do is to install in a meaningful way on my Ubuntu
    10.04 LTS server, by that I mean, have a proper daemon running, with the binaries
    on the path and have the STOMP server installed. I presume there is something in
    rabbitmq-server/packaging I could use?
    If you don't mind using the extremely unofficial packages I've built for my own
    personal use (on and for a rackspace-cloud ubuntu machine), you could try adding

    deb http://vapour.eighty-twenty.org/rabbitmq/repo/debian/ kitten main

    to your sources.list and running

    apt-get install rabbitmq-server rabbitmq-plugin-rabbit-stomp

    The packages in the repo are built from the latest mercurial/git revisions of
    the various rabbitmq projects by http://github.com/tonyg/rabbitmq-universe
    every time I get around to making it check for updates. Which is every few
    days. I suppose I should cron it or something.

    The version numbers will look odd at first glance. I've tried to explain here:
    http://github.com/tonyg/rabbitmq-universe#readme

    Cheers,
    Tony


    _______________________________________________
    rabbitmq-discuss mailing list
    rabbitmq-discuss at lists.rabbitmq.com
    https://lists.rabbitmq.com/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/rabbitmq-discuss
    Tim Child
    +46 (0) 7602 17785
    Skype: timchild
    http://www.cantemo.com

Related Discussions

Discussion Navigation
viewthread | post
Discussion Overview
grouprabbitmq-discuss @
categoriesrabbitmq
postedAug 23, '10 at 1:31p
activeAug 24, '10 at 7:36a
posts7
users3
websiterabbitmq.com
irc#rabbitmq

People

Translate

site design / logo © 2022 Grokbase