Hi All,

I am new to rabbit-mq. I would like to know how to start a MQ listner(Java
Client) to listen to a queue at the application start up. I am deploying my
application in tomcat server.
Thanks in advance for your help.


Thanks and Regards,
Archana
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: <http://lists.rabbitmq.com/pipermail/rabbitmq-discuss/attachments/20100809/5d20b0b5/attachment.htm>

Search Discussions

  • Jon Brisbin at Aug 9, 2010 at 5:43 pm
    There's actually a lot of ways to go about this:

    1) If you're using Spring, then just configure a bean in your app-context.xml.

    2) You could use the new spring-amqp classes: http://www.springsource.org/spring-amqp

    3) You could manually configure them from the servlet init method.

    I also run listeners that integrate with the Tomcat server. You can configure them in different ways depending on the context. You could set up a global naming resource, or you could scope it to your web application by putting it in META-INF/context.xml: http://tomcat.apache.org/tomcat-6.0-doc/jndi-resources-howto.html

    Jon Brisbin
    Portal Webmaster
    NPC International, Inc.


    On Aug 9, 2010, at 11:33 AM, archana v wrote:

    Hi All,

    I am new to rabbit-mq. I would like to know how to start a MQ listner(Java Client) to listen to a queue at the application start up. I am deploying my application in tomcat server.
    Thanks in advance for your help.


    Thanks and Regards,
    Archana
    _______________________________________________
    rabbitmq-discuss mailing list
    rabbitmq-discuss at lists.rabbitmq.com
    https://lists.rabbitmq.com/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/rabbitmq-discuss
    -------------- next part --------------
    An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
    URL: <http://lists.rabbitmq.com/pipermail/rabbitmq-discuss/attachments/20100809/f32a0f6e/attachment.htm>
  • Jon Brisbin at Aug 9, 2010 at 5:52 pm

    On Aug 9, 2010, at 12:47 PM, archana v wrote:

    Thanks for your reply.I am not using spring.. I am trying to configure it at servlet init. But it doesn seem to work. I dont know if my method of declaring the listener is right. It would be helpful if you could send me some samples.
    Sorry, I don't have any example of using servlet init because I use Spring.

    Maybe you could show a little of what you're trying to do?

    Are you including <load-on-startup>1</load-on-startup> in your servlet init?

    jb


    Thanks and Regards,
    Archana

    On Mon, Aug 9, 2010 at 1:43 PM, Jon Brisbin wrote:
    There's actually a lot of ways to go about this:

    1) If you're using Spring, then just configure a bean in your app-context.xml.

    2) You could use the new spring-amqp classes: http://www.springsource.org/spring-amqp

    3) You could manually configure them from the servlet init method.

    I also run listeners that integrate with the Tomcat server. You can configure them in different ways depending on the context. You could set up a global naming resource, or you could scope it to your web application by putting it in META-INF/context.xml: http://tomcat.apache.org/tomcat-6.0-doc/jndi-resources-howto.html

    Jon Brisbin
    Portal Webmaster
    NPC International, Inc.


    On Aug 9, 2010, at 11:33 AM, archana v wrote:

    Hi All,

    I am new to rabbit-mq. I would like to know how to start a MQ listner(Java Client) to listen to a queue at the application start up. I am deploying my application in tomcat server.
    Thanks in advance for your help.


    Thanks and Regards,
    Archana
    _______________________________________________
    rabbitmq-discuss mailing list
    rabbitmq-discuss at lists.rabbitmq.com
    https://lists.rabbitmq.com/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/rabbitmq-discuss
    -------------- next part --------------
    An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
    URL: <http://lists.rabbitmq.com/pipermail/rabbitmq-discuss/attachments/20100809/f6a15de2/attachment.htm>
  • Jon Brisbin at Aug 9, 2010 at 9:56 pm
    Have you looked at "basicConsume" on the Channel object?

    http://www.rabbitmq.com/releases/rabbitmq-java-client/v1.8.0/rabbitmq-java-client-javadoc-1.8.0/com/rabbitmq/client/Channel.html

    Or do you mean: "more specifically, how do you manage multi-threading issues when managing consumers"?

    The latter is a black hole of a topic. :)

    The API guide, though Spartan, is a good starting point:
    http://www.rabbitmq.com/api-guide.html#consuming

    Jon Brisbin
    Portal Webmaster
    NPC International, Inc.


    On Aug 9, 2010, at 1:15 PM, archana v wrote:

    i declare something like this

    <servlet>
    <servlet-name>MQListenerServlet</servlet-name>
    <display-name>MQListenerServlet</display-name>
    <servlet-class>com.ssmi.admin.MQ.MQListenerTest</servlet-class>

    <load-on-startup>6</load-on-startup>
    </servlet>


    but in my class file i am not sure as to how to declare the listner. Should i use the java Thread or is there a default method like addlistener or somethin in rabbit MQ.

    On Mon, Aug 9, 2010 at 1:52 PM, Jon Brisbin wrote:
    On Aug 9, 2010, at 12:47 PM, archana v wrote:

    Thanks for your reply.I am not using spring.. I am trying to configure it at servlet init. But it doesn seem to work. I dont know if my method of declaring the listener is right. It would be helpful if you could send me some samples.
    Sorry, I don't have any example of using servlet init because I use Spring.

    Maybe you could show a little of what you're trying to do?

    Are you including <load-on-startup>1</load-on-startup> in your servlet init?

    jb


    Thanks and Regards,
    Archana

    On Mon, Aug 9, 2010 at 1:43 PM, Jon Brisbin wrote:
    There's actually a lot of ways to go about this:

    1) If you're using Spring, then just configure a bean in your app-context.xml.

    2) You could use the new spring-amqp classes: http://www.springsource.org/spring-amqp

    3) You could manually configure them from the servlet init method.

    I also run listeners that integrate with the Tomcat server. You can configure them in different ways depending on the context. You could set up a global naming resource, or you could scope it to your web application by putting it in META-INF/context.xml: http://tomcat.apache.org/tomcat-6.0-doc/jndi-resources-howto.html

    Jon Brisbin
    Portal Webmaster
    NPC International, Inc.


    On Aug 9, 2010, at 11:33 AM, archana v wrote:

    Hi All,

    I am new to rabbit-mq. I would like to know how to start a MQ listner(Java Client) to listen to a queue at the application start up. I am deploying my application in tomcat server.
    Thanks in advance for your help.


    Thanks and Regards,
    Archana
    _______________________________________________
    rabbitmq-discuss mailing list
    rabbitmq-discuss at lists.rabbitmq.com
    https://lists.rabbitmq.com/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/rabbitmq-discuss
    -------------- next part --------------
    An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
    URL: <http://lists.rabbitmq.com/pipermail/rabbitmq-discuss/attachments/20100809/26e9ea30/attachment-0001.htm>

Related Discussions

Discussion Navigation
viewthread | post
Discussion Overview
grouprabbitmq-discuss @
categoriesrabbitmq
postedAug 9, '10 at 4:33p
activeAug 9, '10 at 9:56p
posts4
users2
websiterabbitmq.com
irc#rabbitmq

2 users in discussion

Jon Brisbin: 3 posts Archana v: 1 post

People

Translate

site design / logo © 2021 Grokbase