Hi there,

I have just installed the BQL plugin on my windows box, but when I run a
simple select it dies?

C:\soabox\erlang\erl5.7.1\lib\rabbitmq_server\priv\plugins\rabbitmq-bql\scri
pts>bql.bat

BQL> select * from exchanges

{"init terminating in
do_boot",{{case_clause,{badrpc,{'EXIT',{noproc,{gen_server,call,[bql_server,
{execute,<<5 bytes>>,<<5 bytes>>,<<8 bytes>>,"select * fr

om
exchanges\n"}]}}}}},[{bql_client,execute_block,1},{bql_client,run_command,0}
,{bql_client,execute_shell,0},{bql_client,start,0},{init,start_it,1},{init,s

tart_em,1}]}}

Crash dump was written to: erl_crash.dump

init terminating in do_boot ()

Any ideas here?

Thanks

Lynton

-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...

Search Discussions

  • Paul Jones at Nov 6, 2009 at 6:11 am
    Hi Lynton,

    How are you running the Rabbit Server? It would appear that the BQL support
    inside of it isn't started. There is a known issue that when you start
    Rabbit as a service on Windows, the plugins are not initialised.

    Thanks,
    Paul.
    I have just installed the BQL plugin on my windows box, but when I run a
    simple select it dies?

    C:\soabox\erlang\erl5.7.1\lib\rabbitmq_server\priv\plugins\rabbitmq-bql\scripts>bql.bat

    BQL> select * from exchanges

    {"init terminating in
    do_boot",{{case_clause,{badrpc,{'EXIT',{noproc,{gen_server,call,[bql_server,{execute,<<5
    bytes>>,<<5 bytes>>,<<8 bytes>>,"select * fr

    om
    exchanges\n"}]}}}}},[{bql_client,execute_block,1},{bql_client,run_command,0},{bql_client,execute_shell,0},{bql_client,start,0},{init,start_it,1},{init,s

    tart_em,1}]}}

    Crash dump was written to: erl_crash.dump

    init terminating in do_boot ()

    Any ideas here?

    Thanks

    Lynton

    An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
  • Lynton Grice at Nov 6, 2009 at 6:24 am
    Hi there,

    Yes, I am running it as a windows service. The steps I followed were to stop
    the service, activate the plugins, then start the service again.

    Is there any way around this? Let me stop the service and run Rabbit from
    the BAT file instead and see what happens.

    Any workaround with the Windows service issue here?

    Thanks for the help ;-)

    Lynton

    How are you running the Rabbit Server? It would appear that the BQL support
    inside of it isn't started. There is a known issue that when you start
    Rabbit as a service on Windows, the plugins are not initialised.

    Thanks,
    Paul.

    I have just installed the BQL plugin on my windows box, but when I run a
    simple select it dies?

    C:\soabox\erlang\erl5.7.1\lib\rabbitmq_server\priv\plugins\rabbitmq-bql\scri
    pts>bql.bat

    BQL> select * from exchanges

    {"init terminating in
    do_boot",{{case_clause,{badrpc,{'EXIT',{noproc,{gen_server,call,[bql_server,
    {execute,<<5 bytes>>,<<5 bytes>>,<<8 bytes>>,"select * fr

    om
    exchanges\n"}]}}}}},[{bql_client,execute_block,1},{bql_client,run_command,0}
    ,{bql_client,execute_shell,0},{bql_client,start,0},{init,start_it,1},{init,s

    tart_em,1}]}}

    Crash dump was written to: erl_crash.dump

    init terminating in do_boot ()

    Any ideas here?

    Thanks

    Lynton

    An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
  • Paul Jones at Nov 6, 2009 at 7:00 am
    Hi Lynton,

    The service issue is hopefully being corrected very soon - as soon as the
    fix lands on default, you'll hopefully be able to download the batch file
    from there and overwrite the current service batch file with it.

    Thanks,
    Paul.