Grokbase Groups R r-help June 2012
i am working on the project to analyze hedge fund performance, i would
appreciate that if you guys could spare some time helping me out with the R
code. Thanks.

The senario is:

i applied BOXPLOT() to plot the performance of all hedge funds with 7
strategies.

And right now in this boxplot I need to plot the points of 30 individual
hedge funds from my portfolio. And I applied POINTS() and TEXTXY() to label
these points.

There are 30 funds in my portfolio with 7 different strategies.

"FundName"(fundNames), "fundStrats", "Return"(fundrets)

Here is my code:

for(i in 1:T){
# T equals to the amount of strategies in my portfolio

strat = portStrats[i];
#get strategy

portidx = fundStrats == strat;
# identify portfolio funds of the same strategy

frets = fundrets[portidx];
fnames = fundNames[portidx];
#get returns and names,? frets?: fund return, ?fnames?:fund name

N = length(frets);

s = 1 / N; #now figure out where to put the labels
for (j in 1:N){
yy = j * s + i*1;
points(x=frets[j],y=yy,col="red");
textxy(X=frets[j],Y=yy,labs=fnames[j]);

Right now the question is that, The ERROR is Error in xy.coords(x, y) : 'x'
and 'y' lengths differ.
So how to fix it?

Thank you so much.

Adam

  • David Winsemius at Jun 19, 2012 at 2:47 pm

[...]

    You posted a very similar question on SO and have gotten specific
    advice about what was needed for resolution. You have so far not
    responded constructively to those suggestions. Please choose one venue
    for your questions and stick with it. Cross-posting is deprecated on
    Rhelp. The SO advice to post a data example that creates the error
    appears on point. Both of those points are outlined in the Rhelp
    Posting Guide. If you choose to continue on Rhelp then I suggest you
    delete the SO question.

    --
    David.

    Thank you so much.

    Adam

    David Winsemius, MD
    West Hartford, CT

groupr-help @
categoriesr
postedJun 19, '12 at 1:53a
activeJun 19, '12 at 2:47p
websiter-project.org
irc#r

2 users in discussion

David Winsemius: 1 post Adamshun: 1 post