Grokbase Groups R r-help April 2012
Dear List Members,

I am in the process of designing a study examining pay and performance
in Major League Baseball across several seasons, and before I get too
deeply into it, I'd like to ask whether the group members think that
performance across seasons is independent, or if it needs to be treated
like a time-series variable so that lack of independence can be controlled.

Any ideas or considerations that need to be taken into account would be
appreciated.

Regards,

Nick Miceli

Search Discussions

  • David Winsemius at Apr 19, 2012 at 3:23 pm

    I am in the process of designing a study examining pay and
    performance in Major League Baseball across several seasons, and
    before I get too deeply into it, I'd like to ask whether the group
    members think that performance across seasons is independent, or if
    it needs to be treated like a time-series variable so that lack of
    independence can be controlled.

    Any ideas or considerations that need to be taken into account would
    be appreciated.
    This has absolutely no R content and I would argue is unlikely to be
    of general interest, either. Please post your general stats questions
    elsewhere.

    --

    David Winsemius, MD
    West Hartford, CT

    http://www.amstat.org/sections/sis/

    albyn
    I am in the process of designing a study examining pay and
    performance in Major League Baseball across several seasons, and
    before I get too deeply into it, I'd like to ask whether the group
    members think that performance across seasons is independent, or if
    it needs to be treated like a time-series variable so that lack of
    independence can be controlled.

    Any ideas or considerations that need to be taken into account would
    be appreciated.

    Regards,

    Nick Miceli

    Albyn Jones