Educational Sciences, Room, 1061
1025 W. Johnson Street
Madison, WI 53706

email: dkaplan at education.wisc.edu
homepage:
http://www.education.wisc.edu/edpsych/default.aspx?content=kaplan.html
Phone: 608-262-0836

Search Discussions

  • Achim Zeileis at Nov 20, 2008 at 5:42 pm

    On Thu, 20 Nov 2008, David Kaplan wrote:

    Hi all,

    I'm looking for a program that will take the predicted probabilities from a
    logistic regression using glm{stats}, dichotomize them according to a
    threshold that I can control, and then use them to form sensitivity,
    specificity, false pos and false neg rates.
    I would look at the ROCR package on CRAN which provides convenient
    access to various measures and associated graphics.
    Thanks in advance.

    David

    David Kaplan, Ph.D.
    Professor
    Department of Educational Psychology
    University of Wisconsin - Madison

    email: dkaplan at education.wisc.edu
    homepage:
    http://www.education.wisc.edu/edpsych/default.aspx?content=kaplan.html
    Phone: 608-262-0836

  • Frank E Harrell Jr at Nov 20, 2008 at 7:12 pm

    Achim Zeileis wrote:
    I'm looking for a program that will take the predicted probabilities
    from a logistic regression using glm{stats}, dichotomize them
    according to a threshold that I can control, and then use them to form
    sensitivity, specificity, false pos and false neg rates.
    I would look at the ROCR package on CRAN which provides convenient
    access to various measures and associated graphics.
    But be very skeptical about the operating characteristics of these
    operating characteristics.

    Frank Harrell

    email: dkaplan at education.wisc.edu
    homepage: