Grokbase Groups R r-help June 2008
FAQ
Is there a built-in function in R that will generate simultaneous confidence
and prediction bands for linear regression?

Tom
--
View this message in context: http://www.nabble.com/Simultaneous-Confidence-Prediction-Bands-tp17941537p17941537.html
Sent from the R help mailing list archive at Nabble.com.

Search Discussions

  • Jorge Ivan Velez at Jun 17, 2008 at 9:32 pm
    Dear Tom,

    See the examples in ?predict.lm

    HTH,

    Jorge
    On Tue, Jun 17, 2008 at 5:29 PM, Tom La Bone wrote:


    Is there a built-in function in R that will generate simultaneous
    confidence
    and prediction bands for linear regression?

    Tom
    --
    View this message in context:
    http://www.nabble.com/Simultaneous-Confidence-Prediction-Bands-tp17941537p17941537.html
    Sent from the R help mailing list archive at Nabble.com.

    ______________________________________________
    r-help@r-project.org mailing list
    https://stat.ethz.ch/mailman/listinfo/r-help
    PLEASE do read the posting guide
    http://www.R-project.org/posting-guide.html
    and provide commented, minimal, self-contained, reproducible code.
  • Rolf Turner at Jun 17, 2008 at 9:51 pm
    I'm sure that others will correct me if I am wrong ... :-) ... but
    are these pointwise rather than simultaneous bands?

    I'm not sure how one would go about getting simultaneous bands.

    cheers,

    Rolf Turner
    On 18/06/2008, at 9:32 AM, Jorge Ivan Velez wrote:

    Dear Tom,

    See the examples in ?predict.lm

    HTH,

    Jorge

    On Tue, Jun 17, 2008 at 5:29 PM, Tom La Bone
    wrote:
    Is there a built-in function in R that will generate simultaneous
    confidence
    and prediction bands for linear regression?

    Tom
    --
    View this message in context:
    http://www.nabble.com/Simultaneous-Confidence-Prediction-Bands-
    tp17941537p17941537.html
    Sent from the R help mailing list archive at Nabble.com.

    ______________________________________________
    R-help at r-project.org mailing list
    https://stat.ethz.ch/mailman/listinfo/r-help
    PLEASE do read the posting guide
    http://www.R-project.org/posting-guide.html
    and provide commented, minimal, self-contained, reproducible code.
    [[alternative HTML version deleted]]

    ______________________________________________
    R-help at r-project.org mailing list
    https://stat.ethz.ch/mailman/listinfo/r-help
    PLEASE do read the posting guide http://www.R-project.org/posting-
    guide.html
    and provide commented, minimal, self-contained, reproducible code.

    ######################################################################
    Attention:\ This e-mail message is privileged and confid...{{dropped:9}}
  • JRG at Jun 17, 2008 at 10:04 pm

    On 18 Jun 2008 at 9:51, Rolf Turner wrote:
    I'm sure that others will correct me if I am wrong ... :-) ... but
    are these pointwise rather than simultaneous bands?

    I'm not sure how one would go about getting simultaneous bands.
    Isn't the Working-Hotelling approach one such possibility?

    ---JRG
    cheers,

    Rolf Turner
    On 18/06/2008, at 9:32 AM, Jorge Ivan Velez wrote:

    Dear Tom,

    See the examples in ?predict.lm

    HTH,

    Jorge

    On Tue, Jun 17, 2008 at 5:29 PM, Tom La Bone
    wrote:
    Is there a built-in function in R that will generate simultaneous
    confidence
    and prediction bands for linear regression?

    Tom
    --
    View this message in context:
    http://www.nabble.com/Simultaneous-Confidence-Prediction-Bands-
    tp17941537p17941537.html
    Sent from the R help mailing list archive at Nabble.com.

    ______________________________________________
    R-help at r-project.org mailing list
    https://stat.ethz.ch/mailman/listinfo/r-help
    PLEASE do read the posting guide
    http://www.R-project.org/posting-guide.html
    and provide commented, minimal, self-contained, reproducible code.
    [[alternative HTML version deleted]]

    ______________________________________________
    R-help at r-project.org mailing list
    https://stat.ethz.ch/mailman/listinfo/r-help
    PLEASE do read the posting guide http://www.R-project.org/posting-
    guide.html
    and provide commented, minimal, self-contained, reproducible code.

    ######################################################################
    Attention:\ This e-mail message is privileged and confid...{{dropped:9}}

    ______________________________________________
    R-help at r-project.org mailing list
    https://stat.ethz.ch/mailman/listinfo/r-help
    PLEASE do read the posting guide http://www.R-project.org/posting-guide.html
    and provide commented, minimal, self-contained, reproducible code.

    John R. Gleason
    Associate Professor

    Syracuse University
    430 Huntington Hall Voice: 315-443-3107
    Syracuse, NY 13244-2340 USA FAX: 315-443-4085

    PGP public key at keyservers

Related Discussions

Discussion Navigation
viewthread | post
Discussion Overview
groupr-help @
categoriesr
postedJun 17, '08 at 9:29p
activeJun 17, '08 at 10:04p
posts4
users4
websiter-project.org
irc#r

People

Translate

site design / logo © 2022 Grokbase