I recently submitted a minor update to a CRAN package that passed all
CRAN checks
~ two weeks ago.

Now, I get the response below from the CRAN-check-daemon

R-devel reports

* checking installed files from ?inst/doc? ... NOTE
The following files are already in R: ?jss.cls?
Please remove them from your package.
The following files should probably not be installed:
?sfheaders.sty?
The following directories should probably not be installed:
?fig?

Consider the use of a .Rinstignore file: see ?Writing R Extensions?,
or move the vignette sources from ?inst/doc? to ?vignettes?.

Please fix.

I added a .Rinstignore file to my project, (at top level, same as
DESCRIPTION) containing

inst/doc/fig/
inst/doc/jss.cls
inst/doc/sfheaders.sty

and re-submitted to CRAN, but the same nag notes return again. How to fix?

And, why has the CRAN-check-daemon suddenly gotten so picky about NOTEs,
particularly from vignettes?

--
Michael Friendly Email: friendly AT yorku DOT ca
Professor, Psychology Dept.

Search Discussions

  • Henrik Bengtsson at Jan 24, 2012 at 8:25 pm

[...]

    As a start, you can get the same NOTEs by using the latest R devel
    version (I see them using 2012-01-20 r58143).

    /Henrik