Grokbase Groups R r-devel April 2010
Earlier today Google finalised student / mentor pairings and allocations for
the Google Summer of Code 2010 (GSoC 2010). The R Project is happy to
announce that the following students have been accepted:

Colin Rundel, "rgeos - an R wrapper for GEOS", mentored by Roger Bivand of
the Norges Handelshoyskole, Norway

Ian Fellows, "A GUI for Graphics using ggplot2 and Deducer", mentored by
Hadley Wickham of Rice University, USA

Chidambaram Annamalai, "rdx - Automatic Differentiation in R", mentored by
John Nash of University of Ottawa, Canada

Yasuhisa Yoshida, "NoSQL interface for R", mentored by Dirk Eddelbuettel,
Chicago, USA

Felix Schoenbrodt, "Social Relations Analyses in R", mentored by Stefan
Schmukle, Universitaet Muenster, Germany

Details about all proposals are on the R Wiki page for the GSoC 2010 at
http://rwiki.sciviews.org/doku.php?id=developers:projects:gsoc2010

The R Project is honoured to have received its highest number of student
allocations yet, and looks forward to an exciting Summer of Code. Please
join me in welcoming our new students.

At this time, I would also like to thank all the other students who have
applied for working with R in this Summer of Code. With a limited number of
available slots, not all proposals can be accepted -- but I hope that those
not lucky enough to have been granted a slot will continue to work with R and
towards making contributions within the R world.

I would also like to express my thanks to all other mentors who provided for
a record number of proposals. Without mentors and their project ideas we
would not have a Summer of Code -- so hopefully we will see you again next
year.

Regards,

Dirk (acting as R/GSoC 2010 admin)

--