Hello,

sorry for writing here because my problem is not a realt bug but may be
a solution for many people working with R:

I miss the feature for commenting some lines of code at once without
writing a bunch of "#" in front of each line.
This is interesting for trying out some code.
I found some workarounds like

IFELSE(FALSE){} and

`!`<- function(x)
{
if (inherits(x, "character") == FALSE)
.Primitive("!")(x) else invisible(x)
}

but IFELSE needs valid code and the '!' <- function breaks when a " ' "
appears in the comment

so it would be fine to have something like /* ... */ or so for
multiple lines

with regards

Udo Junghans

Udo Junghans
Abteilung Waldschutz, K?fer und Mittelpr?fung
Nordwestdeutsche Forstliche Versuchsanstalt
Gr?tzelstrasse 2
D-37079 G?ttingen <mailto:udo.junghans@nw-fva.de>

Search Discussions

  • Kasper Daniel Hansen at Feb 5, 2009 at 4:36 pm
    (no cc to r-bugs)

    One obvious work around is to use an editor that lets you comment/
    uncomment many lines of code at once. ESS/Emacs for example, has this
    feature. Many other editors do as well. I actually find it easier to
    see what is commented out this way.

    Clearly this does not address the question as written though.

    Kasper
    sorry for writing here because my problem is not a realt bug but may
    be
    a solution for many people working with R:

    I miss the feature for commenting some lines of code at once without
    writing a bunch of "#" in front of each line.
    This is interesting for trying out some code.
    I found some workarounds like

    IFELSE(FALSE){} and

    `!`<- function(x)
    {
    if (inherits(x, "character") == FALSE)
    .Primitive("!")(x) else invisible(x)
    }

    but IFELSE needs valid code and the '!' <- function breaks when a "
    ' "