Dear list member,

by running Rcmd check on a package where a customised 'CITATION' file should
be included instead of the automatically produced one, the following error
occurs:

adding build stamp to DESCRIPTION
installing NAMESPACE file and metadata
installing R files
installing inst files
FIND: Parameter format not correct
make[2]: *** [c:/R/packages/urca/inst] Error 2
make[1]: *** [all] Error 2
make: *** [pkg-urca] Error 2
*** Installation of urca failed ***

When I exclude /inst/CITATION from the package sources, no problems/errors
are encountered.
Incidentally, the same error occurs on 'Rcmd check VR':

H:\R\Packages>Rcmd check VR
* checking for working latex ... OK
* using log directory 'H:/R/Packages/VR.Rcheck'
* checking for file 'VR/DESCRIPTION' ... OK
* checking if this is a source package ... OK

installing R.css in H:/R/Packages/VR.Rcheck

Looks like `H:/R/Packages/VR' is a package bundle

---------- Making package MASS ------------
adding build stamp to DESCRIPTION
installing NAMESPACE file and metadata
making DLL ...
making MASS.d from MASS.c
making lqs.d from lqs.c
gcc -Ic:/R/rw2000/include -Wall -O2 -c MASS.c -o MASS.o
gcc -Ic:/R/rw2000/include -Wall -O2 -c lqs.c -o lqs.o
ar cr MASS.a MASS.o lqs.o
ranlib MASS.a
windres --include-dir c:/R/rw2000/include -i MASS_res.rc -o MASS_res.o
gcc --shared -s -o MASS.dll MASS.def MASS.a MASS_res.o
-Lc:/R/rw2000/src/gnuw
in32 -lg2c -lR
... DLL made
installing DLL
installing R files
installing inst files
FIND: Parameter format not correct
make[2]: *** [H:/R/Packages/VR.Rcheck/MASS/inst] Error 2
make[1]: *** [all] Error 2
make: *** [pkg-MASS] Error 2
*** Installation of MASS failed ***

ERROR
Installation failed.

H:\R\Packages>

Am I doing something wrong? Is the error caused by my OS? Any help or
pointers are appreciated.

Best Regards,
Bernhard

Version:
platform = i386-pc-mingw32
arch = i386
os = mingw32
system = i386, mingw32
status =
major = 2
minor = 0.0
year = 2004
month = 10
day = 04
language = R

Windows 2000 Professional (build 2195) Service Pack 4.0

Search Path:
.GlobalEnv, package:methods, package:stats, package:graphics,
package:grDevices, package:utils, package:datasets, package:fortunes,
Autoloads, package:base

The information contained herein is confidential and is inte...{{dropped}}

Search Discussions

  • Prof Brian Ripley at Nov 11, 2004 at 5:46 pm
    That you are getting FIND not `find' suggests that you have not followed
    the instructions in README.packages correctly. Please ensure you have
    followed

    BEWARE: `Native' ports of make are _not_ suitable (including that at
    the mingw site). There were also problems with several earlier
    versions of the cygwin tools and dll. To avoid frustration, please
    use our tool set, and make sure it is at the front of your path
    (including before the Windows system directories).

    and especially the last point.

[...]

    University of Oxford, Tel: +44 1865 272861 (self)
    1 South Parks Road, +44 1865 272860 (secr)
    Oxford OX1 3TG, UK Fax: +44 1865 272595
  • Gabor Grothendieck at Nov 11, 2004 at 6:29 pm