I followed the model in

http://www.byteofpython.info/read/source-file.html

and saw following results.

C:\DavidKaremera\June2006\SAS>python med.py
'python' is not recognized as an internal or external command,
operable program or batch file.

What do I do to make DOS recognize python as a command?

The link http://hkn.eecs.berkeley.edu/~dyoo/python/idle_intro/index.html
that you suggested

shows information about the idle.

I've used idle for development until now, but it has the annoyance
that I must close it and reopen it in order for it to import the changed
copy
of the program.

Besides, I already have one default module saved, and it would seem
complicated to have more than one.

It would be simpler if I can get the dos prompt to work.

Kermit < kermit at Polaris.net >

Search Discussions

  • Kent Johnson at Jun 7, 2006 at 12:59 am

    Kermit Rose wrote:
    I followed the model in

    http://www.byteofpython.info/read/source-file.html

    and saw following results.

    C:\DavidKaremera\June2006\SAS>python med.py
    'python' is not recognized as an internal or external command,
    operable program or batch file.

    What do I do to make DOS recognize python as a command?
    You have to add the Python directory (C:\Python24) to your PATH
    environment variable. There are some directions here:
    http://www.python.org/doc/faq/windows.html#how-do-i-run-a-python-program-under-windows
    The link http://hkn.eecs.berkeley.edu/~dyoo/python/idle_intro/index.html
    that you suggested

    shows information about the idle.

    I've used idle for development until now, but it has the annoyance
    that I must close it and reopen it in order for it to import the changed
    copy
    of the program.
    I don't think you have to do that. If you open your file in an editing
    window you can run from there with Run / Run Module (F5). If you are
    importing into the shell window you can use Shell / Restart Shell to
    clear any imports, or use reload(<module>) to get a fresh copy.
    Besides, I already have one default module saved, and it would seem
    complicated to have more than one.
    I don't know what you mean by this, what is a default module?

    Kent

    PS thanks for losing the graphics...

grouptutor @
categoriespython
postedJun 7, '06 at 12:38a
activeJun 7, '06 at 12:59a
websitepython.org

2 users in discussion

Kent Johnson: 1 post Kermit Rose: 1 post