I need to make a library for python to update some external devices in
an embeded system with a little Hitachi microcontroller, so I need
information about How to do that, I must to define a method to define
librarys to control devices like, RS-232 port, Leds, Keyboards,
Speakers.

Now I?ve defined a litle program in C++, its control a green Led
(on/off) and now I want to do that with the python interpreter, so I
need your help.

Search Discussions

  • Fredrik Lundh at Dec 14, 1999 at 11:38 am

    Cesar Lopez wrote:
    I need to make a library for python to update some external devices in
    an embeded system with a little Hitachi microcontroller, so I need
    information about How to do that, I must to define a method to define
    librarys to control devices like, RS-232 port, Leds, Keyboards,
    Speakers.

    Now I?ve defined a litle program in C++, its control a green Led
    (on/off) and now I want to do that with the python interpreter, so I
    need your help.
    here's an example (in plain old C):

    ---

    #include "Python.h"

    static PyObject *
    device_set(PyObject* self, PyObject* args)
    {
    int status;

    int value;
    if (!PyArg_ParseTuple(args, "i", &value))
    return NULL;

    /* do something! */
    status = whatever(value);

    return Py_BuildValue("i", status);
    }

    static PyMethodDef _functions[] = {
    {"set", device_set, 1},
    {NULL, NULL}
    };

    void
    #ifdef WIN32
    __declspec(dllexport)
    #endif
    initdevice()
    {
    Py_InitModule("device", _functions);
    }

    ---

    import device
    device.set(1) # switch it on!

    ---

    for more info, see:

    "Extending and Embedding the Python Interpreter"
    http://www.python.org/doc/current/ext/ext.html

    "Python/C API Reference Manual"
    http://www.python.org/doc/current/api/api.html

    and all the existing modules in the standard
    library...

    </F>

grouppython-list @
categoriespython
postedDec 14, '99 at 11:25a
activeDec 14, '99 at 11:38a
websitepython.org

2 users in discussion

Fredrik Lundh: 1 post Cesar Lopez: 1 post